Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

Firearms Legal Protection

Thread: Buffer

Buffer

Why do I need a H2 buffer in my AR15?
    Teachers leave them kids alone
    Hey! teacher! leave us kids alone!

Banned
    You don't "NEED" one.

I am a Forum User
    You don't unless it is overgassed and causing ejection issues. You may want to add one even if it is running correctly because they will slow down the BCG changing the recoil impulse and decrease muzzle rise allowing faster target reacquisition. I had a good experience with how this works when sorting out my dealer demo M-4 SBR. It has a 12" barrel with carbine gas and a TBAC 556 Takedown suppressor. It was very over gassed and on FA I could never get more than 5 rounds through it before jamming with the standard buffer, even with an adjustable gas block mostly closed. Moved up to a T-2 and it improved but the BCG was still moving too fast. Went up to a T-3 and now it runs like a sewing machine doing full mag dumps in 2.5 seconds. It also feels much better as the recoil impulse is more like a push than a punch.

I am a Forum User
    I’ve put the Spikes Tactical ST-T2 in three of my rifles and really like how it softens the recoil. You would be fine with a standard carbine buffer though.