Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

KROGER

MGO Member

Nambu type 14 8mm WW II bring back

I have my grandfathers WW II Japanese Nambu type 14 8mm pistol (full size) he brought back from WW II - this is the real deal:
    - It has 2 mags that match the serial number - great condition, no rust
    - serial number gives it a Oct/Nov 1944 build date (not sure which plant though)
    - comes in the original leather holster - that also includes cleaning cord and patches, and linen wrapping
    - my guess is 85 - 90 % finish - in excellent / very good condition (to my knowledge has not been fired since wwII)
    - I carefully cleaned and oiled it and been in safe ever since I acquired it

Curious as to what it is worth, and where would I post to sell it if I make that decision, thanks?

I am a Forum User
    with out pics it is hard to say with two matching mags and if the holster is in 90% condition I would guess $750 to $1200

MGO Member
    Try to find some ammo, and shoot it. Sounds like a family heirloom that you, or the rest of your family, would seriously regret selling.

MGO Member
    I'll Post some pics once my membership gets processed.

I am a Forum User
    I would highly recommend not selling it. If the money is absolutely needed try and sell it to family. That is history, personal history that should stay in the family until it turns into dust.

I am a Forum User
    My Grandfather brought back a Nambu type 14 from WWII also, I would value it more like $600-$800. But that all depends on who is buying only collectors are the ones buying these and the value is more based on how bad a collector wants it depending how it fits into his collection.

I agree with others here, do not sell it.
    Last edited by december1979; 01-24-2019 at 08:09 AM.

MGO Member
    Eastpointe (formerly known as East Detroit)
    Quote Originally Posted by gwes351 View Post
    I'll Post some pics once my membership gets processed.
    You don't need to be a member to post pics, just use a hosting service like imgur.com and post the links to your pictures.