Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

KROGER

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    MGO Board of Directors

Mossberg 590 night stick

GunsAmerica just posted a review on the new Mossberg 590 Nightstick.

I'm not sure that I would have included the video. Pay attention at about the 50 second point.
    There was an edit in there as well, and that's the best that could be shown?!

Here's the video:
    "But then there are plenty of gun folks who think no one should rock the boat because it might piss off the anti gun crowd/politicians and cause even more gun control." - Bikenut
    Submissive gun rights advocates need to lose their submissiveness before we lose our 2A rights.

I am a Forum User
    At 1:10 he calls it "useful." I disagree with that. These seem completely pointless to me unless you're just in it for fun (and there's nothing wrong with that).

MGO Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Parkanzky View Post
    At 1:10 he calls it "useful." I disagree with that. These seem completely pointless to me unless you're just in it for fun (and there's nothing wrong with that).

Useful is relative term. Some people have found the Shockwaves useful for home defense, you can aim them at eye level like a regular shotgun. There is a guy on youtube who has hunted and killed several deer with his. So "useful" is whatever you use it for.
    No man made law physically prevents one from doing anything they have a mind to.

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by Garymac View Post
    Useful is relative term. Some people have found the Shockwaves useful for home defense, you can aim them at eye level like a regular shotgun. There is a guy on youtube who has hunted and killed several deer with his. So "useful" is whatever you use it for.
    You can sort of aim it at eye level like a regular shotgun, but then you'd be way better off with a regular shotgun.

I get that they were designed as a way to thumb one's nose at the NFA and I absolutely appreciate that. But other than hip shooting a round a sporting clays these things are inferior to the same shotgun with a proper stock like 99.9% of the time.

And that's not meant to knock them. Take joy in the fact that they're stupid/pointless. Those are some of my favorite features of a toy. But don't pretend that these make any sense for personal defense/hunting/competition/etc.

MGO Board of Directors

Trustee

Mine goes camping with me.
    And mine is the sub-26" AOW, so it gets carried like a pistol.
    I think that's kind of useful.
    DISCLAIMER: Disclaimer. The opinions expressed in this post are those of the author, DrScaryGuy. They do not purport to reflect the opinions or views of MGO, its board of directors, or its members.

MGO Member
    dont care WE can have them

I am a Forum User
    He short shucked it. It's easy to do with these. I have one exactly like it, except I added aftermarket wood furnature. It's great fun, that is its purpose for me.

I did add a Laserlyte centermass laser on a magazine tube mount, an Olight mini on the reciever rail, a heat shield and a magazine cap spike to stick in Zombie eyes.

MGO Board of Directors

Quote Originally Posted by sadaddy View Post
    He short shucked it.
    Yeah, and it looked like the shotgun was barfing shotgun shells!
    "But then there are plenty of gun folks who think no one should rock the boat because it might piss off the anti gun crowd/politicians and cause even more gun control." - Bikenut
    Submissive gun rights advocates need to lose their submissiveness before we lose our 2A rights.

MGO Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Parkanzky;3095508[b
    ]You can sort of aim it at eye level like a regular shotgun, but then you'd be way better off with a regular shotgun.[/b]

I get that they were designed as a way to thumb one's nose at the NFA and I absolutely appreciate that. But other than hip shooting a round a sporting clays these things are inferior to the same shotgun with a proper stock like 99.9% of the time.

And that's not meant to knock them. Take joy in the fact that they're stupid/pointless. Those are some of my favorite features of a toy. But don't pretend that these make any sense for personal defense/hunting/competition/etc.
    Can be shot the same way as a regular shotgun but is shorter and lighter. that seems pretty useful to me. The fact that you can't see any legitimate use/point for them just means you are blind.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fM_sqSTg2v8
    No man made law physically prevents one from doing anything they have a mind to.

I am a Forum User
    I’ve watched that video and still see it as a novelty gimmick. But I’m not telling anybody not to buy what they like.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast