Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

KROGER

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    I am a Forum User

Cabela's experience

I decided to drive to the Grandville, Michigan Cabela's today to spend my point's and cash in a few gift cards. I did my best to price match a few items, one of which was a Rough Rider 22 revolver, Thier price &179.99, Brownells $129.99. Caabela's has cetrain online stores they will price match. + Veterans receive 5% off.
    https://cabelas.custhelp.com/app/ans...d/92/related/1

Walked into store. Everyone very friendly and helpful. When mentioning price match policy, most of the employees didn't know there was one! Checking out I had no problem price matching the 3 1-pound hp-38 powder bottles and 3 boxes of 38-special + 5% veterans discount. Had to show the gun clerk Cabela's match policy he didn't know about to get the $129.99 on the revolver but his manager would not allow the 5% veterans discount on guns. I showed him the policy that says the veterans discount applies to the match price on their web site. Nope, They wouldn't do it.

Prices on ammunition and firearms are now easily 20-30% higher than a lot of competitors. I no longer receive holiday coupons or meaningful promotions. If it were not for the gift cards and points I had, my business would have gone elsewhere.

The merger with Bass Pro Shop will be terminal to Cabala's future I believe. Corporate wants profits, as a result people looking for a fair price will go elsewhere. This is not the store of years ago.

I am a Forum User
    They definitely aren’t what they used to be. It’s been going down hill for years even before Bass Pro acquired them.

I am a Forum User
    Do they still have all their guns trigger locked until you buy them? I used to go to the Dundee location all the time, at least once or twice a month, to browse their used Gun Library. All at once they added locks to everything and got rid of their 10 day warranty, so you can't examine used guns and if they turn out to be broken you're SOTL. It was a huge slap in the face and took away any reason I'd ever go there. Haven't been back since.

I am a Forum User
    Same experience since merging with Bass. Prices are up and those annoying trigger locks in place. Also there layaway program has gone. No real reason to go there any more either.

MGO Board of Directors

Cabela's also closed their bargain room. Got some good deals out of there in the past.
    For as long as but a hundred of us remain alive, never will we on any conditions be brought under English rule. It is not for glory, nor riches, nor honours that we are fighting, but for freedom — for that alone, which no honest man gives up but with life itself.
    MGO Life Member, NRA Life Member, MOC Member.

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by Kilt Guy View Post
    Cabela's also closed their bargain room. Got some good deals out of there in the past.
    Really put the nail in the coffin with that.
    Bargain cave was by far the best part of the in store experience

Banned
    Prices are rediculous now, I don't shop there anymore either. Too bad , it use to be a nice fair place, price wise.

I could deal with everything but even a manger not honoring a written guarantee. Thats too much to accept. Its fraud, get you in there, waste your time, hope yo have so much vested in hunting, waiting in line etc, noo matter how much time you put in, you can not win.

They are stealing your time, stealing your money, and laughing at you.

MGO Member
    https://www.cabelas.com/custserv/cus...iscountProgram according to the FAQ, the military discount doesn’t apply to firearms, ammo, reloading supplies, air guns and big stuff.

Bass Pro has officially ruined Cabelas. I’ve had a Cabelas credit card for 5 years now and have started to think about replacing it. With the no warranty and trigger lock on everything I will never again buy any revolver from Cabelas since I can’t check the lock up and timing.

The sales have been few and far between. They always use to do an employee discount coupon for club card holders a couple times usually in the winter and that hasn’t happened in a while. Lately when they do a special it seems to always exclude firearms. They did do a couple of online only 5X points deals including this past Tuesday. They did that three times in December so I placed a couple orders and got 25% back in points. I found a used CMMG Mkgs pistol at Dundee for $750 a few weeks ago. After using my points it came to $107 OTD for me!

The former quality and reasonably priced Cabelas hunting and casual clothing is all getting replaced by the junk Bass Pro Redhead brand. Some things seem to be keeping the Cabelas name, but getting the poor quality treatment. I have a couple pairs of Cabelas jeans. These were bought years ago for $20 each and even in my jumbo tall sizing. I tried on a new pair in the store recently, and they are thin and not even close to the same fit or quality of the old jeans.

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by Kefefs View Post
    Do they still have all their guns trigger locked until you buy them? I used to go to the Dundee location all the time, at least once or twice a month, to browse their used Gun Library. All at once they added locks to everything and got rid of their 10 day warranty, so you can't examine used guns and if they turn out to be broken you're SOTL. It was a huge slap in the face and took away any reason I'd ever go there. Haven't been back since.
    Yes, they do still have them locked. Super irritating. Apparently one person committed suicide in a Bass Pro and his family sued for millions, so they came up with that great policy.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast