Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

KROGER

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    MGO Member
    It figures bass pro would screw up cabelas. Have fun with that rough rider. I have one and the damn thing is a hoot to shoot.

I am a Forum User
    Yeah, I had wanted a fishing combo from bass pro, but wanted a 2-piece rod substituted for a 1-piece (same brand, same length, same action), which they had done before. They refused. Asked for a manager and he said "it would mess with my inventory." I asked if he was in the business of selling sporting goods or maintaining inventory. He just blinked, so I assured him his inventory would stay right where it was, cuz I wouldn't buy any more. Went to Cabelas and they had no issue doing the swap. Sucks bass pro bought them, not the other way around.

I am a Forum User
    It's amazing how short sighted and just plain dumb these huge corporations are. Gun guys and a pretty loyal bunch. Do them good and you've generally got a customer for life. Do them wrong and you lose them. These guys should be bending over backwards to offer reasonable prices and rewards programs. Instead they jack up the prices and lose customers. Look at Dicks. They ****ed with politics and gave in to the peer pressure. Now the business is in the *******.

Quote Originally Posted by Irn-Bru View Post
    It's amazing how short sighted and just plain dumb these huge corporations are. Gun guys and a pretty loyal bunch. Do them good and you've generally got a customer for life. Do them wrong and you lose them. These guys should be bending over backwards to offer reasonable prices and rewards programs. Instead they jack up the prices and lose customers. Look at Dicks. They ****ed with politics and gave in to the peer pressure. Now the business is in the *******.
    I do not know about the loyalty, but guns are like a sale item at the back of the big box store. Oil on sale at walmart. You still need to traverse the acreage of the store and not buy anything else.

Guys going into buy a gun are ready to drop 1-2k.

Bad strategy to turn those guys away because you can definitely get them interested in some boots, sun glasses, fishing poles etc on the way out, whether they buy the gun or not. A guy with $1200 in his pocket who says no to the guns, is still in buying mood.

Very dumb.

Quote Originally Posted by Kilt Guy View Post
    Cabela's also closed their bargain room. Got some good deals out of there in the past.
    They closed the Bargain Cave? It was there two weeks ago, when I was in the Dundee location.

Quote Originally Posted by mtnbikinbryno View Post
    Yes, they do still have them locked. Super irritating. Apparently one person committed suicide in a Bass Pro and his family sued for millions, so they came up with that great policy.
    When they issued the rules for trigger locks, they used the opportunity to also sneak in some changes that screw their customers:

1. They can no longer haggle prices, AT ALL, not even a dollar.

2. They no longer offer any sort of warranty.

I used to buy a LOT of guns from Cabelas. Why? Because the employees liked me and gave me 10-15% discounts, I could test the triggers/inspect the guns, and I had a 10 day warranty where I could run 2000 rounds through the gun, and if it broke they'd fix it or give me my money back. That was the competitive edge that Cabela's had over everyone else, now they lost it. I'd go there twice a month, and usually buy a least one gun every time I went. Hell, I bought 5 at once because they had a massive police auction collection. Now? I haven't been back since they first changed the rules, and I have 0 reasons to ever step foot back in there again.

Screw them.

I am a Forum User
    cabelas in grandville lost my business too

I went there, about same story as you

I had gift cards from christmas, and some points to redeem

Went there on a sunday morning when they are slow.

I went there to buy 2 items. 1 was a scope for my ar15 upper. 2 was some different ammo to try in this upper.

Found what i was looking for right away. I grab the 2 boxes of ammo i wanted....and seen the scope display was missing (but they had them behind the counter.)

Side note, why are scopes behind the counter and not on the shelves?

Anyway. Im standing in line by the scopes waiting my turn. 1 guy in front of me. He gets taken care of. I walk up to the counter and talk to the employee. He looks at me and says "id get a number if I were you"

I replied "i just need this scope right here, if you can hand me one, ill be all set."

He says "were busy, grab a number"

So in disgust i go grab a number. I get 25

They are on 22. Not a bad wait.

I waited with my wife and 2 small kids for almost 30 min......they never moved off 22.

I put the ammo back and walked out the store.

Never again.

When they came to grandville, i was pleased with them. This is the 3rd time in a row we were treated poorly and had a long wait when they are not busy.

I used my gift card online, and thats it. Online vendors get my money from now on.

SLick guns find me the deals. SG AMMO or Palmetto gets 99% of my business now.

I am a Forum User
    The Grandville locations gun prices have been higher than nuts on a giraffe for years, I will go in there just to put hands on something I want to buy and either order it online or drive across town and save 20%

I am a Forum User
    Cabela's has been a long time favorite visit after getting a couple stores in State. I bought a lot of stuff from them over many years. I've got a Cabela's black Visa and I've used a lot of points to make purchases as well. The sales tax thing catalog orders slowed me down a bit, but now the lack of reloading components in decent quantities, noticeably higher prices on many things and several other issues have me buying almost nothing there now. I left empty handed the last three times I was there. I have no plans to even bother going back. Now my credit card purchases have shifted over to another card with good perks. it's very sad, but I believe my long history of being a Cabela's customer has come to pretty much an end.

MGO Board of Directors

Trustee

yeah, i'll pile on.
    I was driving by the chesterfield every day for work, so I stopped in once. It was hard to find people working. The gun guys acted like I insulted their moms when I asked if there was any room to negotiate on their guns, which were priced at MSRP. Also, their gun guys... I don't want to say they didn't know anything about guns, but I expect guys in the business to know more than they did. I stopped by a second time and had the same experience.
    That was enough for me.
    DISCLAIMER: Disclaimer. The opinions expressed in this post are those of the author, DrScaryGuy. They do not purport to reflect the opinions or views of MGO, its board of directors, or its members.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast