Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

Firearms Legal Protection

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    I am a Forum User
    SWMBO has purchased a fair amount of clothing there. She said the bass pro stuff is crap. Sizes are all over the map. Even a different color fits differently.

Around the turn of the century, my older brother got into carrying & shooting & such. We used to go to Dundee at least once or twice a month. They always had a good selection of anything one might want. Plus they had some flavor of 9mm & 22's on sale for good prices. After the Sandy Hook fiasco, all of that changed.

I still have a Cabela's CC, but it is now a Capitol One card. First time I have an issue with buying something gun related, it will get shredded.

Prices have gone through the roof since the merger. I have bought some ammo with points. Haven't been down there in a year or so. It really is a shame that it has come to this. The accountants have all but destroyed both companies.

Never have bought much in the way of clothes. Even on sale, costs too much for me. So for now, I order my guns on line & have them transferred to my FFL. Dunham's has decent SUN., MON. sale prices on ammo. Walmart sometimes will work.

Sad to think that just a few years ago there was, Bass Pro, Gander, MC Sports, Dunham's, etc. The web is killing them off one by one.
    ΥΣΜΧ SEMPER FIDELIS !

LIFE MEMBER OF THE WORLD'S LARGEST FRATERNITY

71 AND COUNTING

I am a Forum User
    Cabelas should own the outdoor and shooting sports world like Amazon does for everything else. They were THE outdoor outfitter during the Heydays of mail order. I remember looking forward to getting the hard cover 2 volume master catalogs every year. They were poised to dominate in internet sales of shooting sports and outdoor lifestyle products. They had incredible buying power and great house branding, but decided to price themselves out of line to the educated buyers. They blew it big time, and the merger is the final nail in the coffin.

Banned
    They can't go under soon enough for me. Good riddance to both Cabelas and Bass Pro. Gander Outdoors is another one, I was in the Utica store this past Sunday around 10:00 am and I swear there were only 3 or 4 others in the store. I don't know how they can sustain a store of that size with so few customers.

That sucks to hear. My son has been saving up for a new clay target shotgun. I know he's got a couple hundred in Cabela's gift cards...

I am a Forum User
    Cletus, you can buy there, just be sure to price match with "authorized" competitors. You should do ok in that event. Just takes time. -

MGO Member Forum User
    Cletus, get it while it's hot. Pretty soon they will be swirling around the drain just like Sears and there won't be anything worth buying.

I am a Forum User
    I quit using my Cabelas card long ago.
    I would have a huge amount of points and go to a store at Xmas time and buy stuff I really didnt need to just use the money.
    I now use a card that pays cash and use the money to buy what I want where I want

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by JJS View Post
    The Grandville locations gun prices have been higher than nuts on a giraffe for years, I will go in there just to put hands on something I want to buy and either order it online or drive across town and save 20%
    That's Cabela's nationwide, lmao.

Their SALE prices are a markdown to MSRP. Just like any other big sporting goods store. Northwoods, Jay's...

How is this news???

Only reason to go there is if you have a ******** of points or gift cards, and can get something for free.

I am a Forum User
    My 2
    Someday they will stop selling firearms because they don’t sell enough at MSRP prices to make a profit.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast