Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

KROGER

I can't post links yet! Forum User

Vortex Viper PST 1-4 off a buddy

My good friend is transferring overseas a year ahead of me, and selling off a bunch of stuff. I picked up his fully outfitted (throw lever for the magnification, and American defense mount) Vortex Viper PST 1-4. I bought it partly to help him out, and partly because I need something for my MR556A1 I'm picking up Thursday from my FFL. I figured it would be a good knock around optic for the time being, and it can make itself home on one of my other AR's after I get the nice gucci setup for the HK's later.

My preference is Nightforce, Trijicon ACOG and Schmidt & Bender, but I'm buying up a lot of long guns/ammo/mags/gear at the moment, so the expensive glass is going to have to wait.

Anyone have experience with this hog and or thoughts/tips?

I am a Forum User
    a LOT of guys are using them in CMP and NRA Service Rifle matches for their scope...

rules limit optics to 4.5x maximum and those fit the bill just fine. everyone opts for the 1/2 moa and turrets vs the capped knobs...

I am a Forum User
    I almost bought one but found a good deal on a Trijicon Accupower 1-4. I have heard nothing but good things about the viper series. It’s definitely a quality scope that is backed by vortex 100%.

I’ve had one on my SA58 carbine since they came out about a decade ago. Many thousands of rounds under it, not a single issue or loss of zero since I’ve mounted it. It’s been banged around a lot too. I’m still on the original battery too.

I really liked it when it came out since it’s 1x is a true 1x with no fisheye. The red ring functions like an eotech for rapid shooting up close too. Reticle is etched in the glass, so no worry of it shifting.