Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

KROGER

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    I am a Forum User
    Well, are you looking to bridge the gap to fellow gun owners, or the gap within your own political beliefs?

I don't see any need to bridge political gaps with friends and neighbors. I don't see any need to bring politics into that at all, and if it is, there's no reason for a difference of opinion to be personal.

If it's in your own head, my suggestion is to reconcile emotion and logic. Write down what you feel the role of government should be, then examine the logic in each role and apply it consistently. Perhaps most important is actually understanding the design of the US government and the hypocracy inherent in both major political parties.

Hell, do one of those in-depth political identification tests. I worked with a guy who identified himself to anyone that would listen that he was a "paleo-con". But if you evaluated what he thought issue to issue, it turns out he was more a moderate Democrat. He was just so intent on being something, he didn't know what it actually was.

Welcome to the forum. Glad you have taken it upon yourself to defend yourself and learn about firearms. Keep shooting, don't be afraid to ask questions or give insight.

Quote Originally Posted by Sweet Express View Post
    Hello, I have been shooting less than a year. I love the feeling of taking ownership of my personal protection as a single women. I am struggling to find my place in the gun community though. I am a liberal democrat, and often feel like an outsider. I wish there was a way to leave politics out but you all are a pretty political group And of course I understand how politics play a part of gun ownership. By joining I would like to find a way to bridge the gap, help me understand and find points of commonality. I look forward to the discussion and maybe meeting some of you at the range!
    Yes politics plays a part in our rights BUT we are ALL GUN OWNERS FIRST and FOREMOST , So welcome to the group and lets be friends as I live in the ventral part of Michigan and being a woman and making sure your protected is awesome and with that you may be able to help influence some other women not just here but in your everyday life now . I look forward to maybe chatting with you and if I can help with anything drop me a message .

The one thing we all have in common is that we ALL want to be able to keep protecting ourselves and our loved ones and there may be more but in order to know what your asking it will take more of a direct question and more time .

Greetings from Imlay City "Gateway to the Thumb",

Home of Vlasic Pickle.

I have been trying to think of any kind of way to "Bridge the gap" on the subject of firearms with the Left.
    Based upon the history of the Left and what they do to get their way, there is no way to do it without changing their stated goals.
    And the simple truth is, you can lead a liberal to the truth, but you can't make them think!

Life Member, NRA, Lapeer County Sportsmen's Club Disclaimer: I Am Not A Lawyer. Opinions expressed are not representative of any organization to which I may belong, and are solely mine. Any natural person or legal entity reading this post accepts all responsibility for any actions undertaken by that person or entity, based upon what they perceived was contained in this post, and shall hold harmless this poster, his antecedents, and descendants, in perpetuity.

I am a Forum User
    Greetings and welcome!

the gun stuff here is pretty knowledgeable.. ( most times! lol) read the posts and , if need be.. ask
    questions for clarity! Many, if not most will reply with information and wven a bit of sarcasm and good-ole-fashion
    ribbing! enjoy it! Its like a messed up family...

Best part is, while there are righties and lefties... there is civil discussion most of the time. Unlike the news, and
    political scene, we CAN disagree... and still like each other!

Enjoy youself. Its a great sport and an important skillset to have!

Welcome, there is a lot of knowledgeable people here as well as some great discussions. I enjoy the opposing view points and educational discussions.

Welcome. Many years ago I thought I was a D. Simply put, the longer I was exposed to the gun culture, the more I realized that the thinking of the D's was not really who I am. Especially now, the left seems to be so radical, I can't imagine myself believing that stuff.
    ΥΣΜΧ SEMPER FIDELIS !

LIFE MEMBER OF THE WORLD'S LARGEST FRATERNITY

71 AND COUNTING

MGO Member Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by Sweet Express View Post
    Hello, I have been shooting less than a year. I love the feeling of taking ownership of my personal protection as a single women.
    This statement is what I strongly applaud! You are certainly the ONLY one who can protect you. Kudos for recognizing that and doing something about it.

But beyond personal protection, hopefully to get to the point (if you haven't already) of realizing how "fun" (and empowering) shooting and training can be.

Good luck.

MGO Board of Directors

to MGO
    For as long as but a hundred of us remain alive, never will we on any conditions be brought under English rule. It is not for glory, nor riches, nor honours that we are fighting, but for freedom — for that alone, which no honest man gives up but with life itself.
    MGO Life Member, NRA Life Member, MOC Member.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12