Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

Firearms Legal Protection

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Winchester 350 Legend

A new choice on the market and at 223 prices.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_c...&v=NflWmz4w3iA
    "Saepe errans, numquam dubitans --Frequently in error, never in doubt".

The trouble with the Internet is that it's replacing masturbation as a leisure activity. ~Patrick Murray

I am a Forum User
    Winchester 350 Legend
    https://winchester.com/350-Legend

Straight-Walled Cartridge
    Bullet Diameter: .357 inch
    Shell case Length: 1.71 inches

So it is legal in the Michigan Limited Firearm Deer Zone.

I am a Forum User
    I like the idea. Who's chambering rifles for it, aside from Winchester?

Hey I forgot to put this years deer hunting results in that thread. The winchester cartridge and mine are very similar including performance. Still waiting the see what the actual bullet dia is, the PTG 350 Legend reamer print says it's a 9mm, and there is at least one interview from shot show saying it's ".355", but the Winchester site is showing it as .357". The base diameter is close to .391" so it's going to need it's own set of dies and if the bullets really are 9mm that really limits what is out there for reloading.

Quote Originally Posted by Moleman- View Post
    Hey I forgot to put this years deer hunting results in that thread. The winchester cartridge and mine are very similar including performance. Still waiting the see what the actual bullet dia is, the PTG 350 Legend reamer print says it's a 9mm, and there is at least one interview from shot show saying it's ".355", but the Winchester site is showing it as .357". The base diameter is close to .391" so it's going to need it's own set of dies and if the bullets really are 9mm that really limits what is out there for reloading.

I just posted in your other thread. As soon as I heard of this cartridge on another site I immediately thought of your old thread. It looks to be nearly the same concept.

Any twist specs to be had? I see the 265gr Sub load they offer. Assuming a 1:16 like my 77/357. Interested in AR15 bolt/barrel combos too.
    "The path to true knowledge is paved with wasted money" copyright postban forever!
    NRA Endowment Member, 2AF Life Member, GOA Patriot Member

MGO Member
    Quote Originally Posted by sadaddy View Post
    I like the idea. Who's chambering rifles for it, aside from Winchester?

I would bet on someone coming out with an AR upper soon.
    No man made law physically prevents one from doing anything they have a mind to.

Quote Originally Posted by Moleman- View Post

Unless Winchester is planning a new line of heavy wt 9mm bullets my guess is it will be a ,358 cal. You could then shoot 357cal pistol bullets in it and for heavy sub sonic loads like the 265gr mentioned the rifle bullets already in existence for the 350 Whelen or 35 Rem would work. IMO
    "Saepe errans, numquam dubitans --Frequently in error, never in doubt".

The trouble with the Internet is that it's replacing masturbation as a leisure activity. ~Patrick Murray

Looks like an American version of the 9x39. Also, I wonder if 9mm pistol cans can handle this round?

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast