Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

Firearms Legal Protection

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    I am a Forum User
    If this fits and feeds from an AR mag, I'm In!

Quote Originally Posted by Ol` Joe View Post
    Unless Winchester is planning a new line of heavy wt 9mm bullets my guess is it will be a ,358 cal. You could then shoot 357cal pistol bullets in it and for heavy sub sonic loads like the 265gr mentioned the rifle bullets already in existence for the 350 Whelen or 35 Rem would work. IMO
    I agree that would make the most sense, unless they wanted to lock you into using their ammo or components which they would effectively do using .355" bullets as there are few 9mm bullets that will hold together at twice their intended speed. The 357AR barrels I've made have use a .358" 1:14" blank to mainly use .358" bullets in, although .357" shoot well as do cast bullets.

Quote Originally Posted by thedonn007 View Post
    Looks like an American version of the 9x39. Also, I wonder if 9mm pistol cans can handle this round?
    Liberty Mystic should handle it with supers. Got two in jail from last May. Subs should be ok in pistol cans. My Hybrid will be fine too.
    "The path to true knowledge is paved with wasted money" copyright postban forever!
    NRA Endowment Member, 2AF Life Member, GOA Patriot Member

Quote Originally Posted by postban View Post
    Liberty Mystic should handle it with supers. Got two in jail from last May. Subs should be ok in pistol cans. My Hybrid will be fine too.
    You will have quite the can collection once they come out of jail. Supers would probably not be good for my Octane 9 HD. Should be fine with my .45 cal form 1 pistol can though.

I am a Forum User
    what's been your observations as far as the wounds left in whitetail? I've been hunting with a .44mag ruger 77/44 and have had good results with 225gr Hornady's. With a comparable weight bullet flying faster & flatter than whats published as max load for the .44mag TC, I think I have found a new down state hunting round. I realize the 350 and your design may have subtle differences but they have to be really close.

Quote Originally Posted by flhpi View Post
    what's been your observations as far as the wounds left in whitetail? I've been hunting with a .44mag ruger 77/44 and have had good results with 225gr Hornady's. With a comparable weight bullet flying faster & flatter than whats published as max load for the .44mag TC, I think I have found a new down state hunting round. I realize the 350 and your design may have subtle differences but they have to be really close.
    The first deer I got with it in 2014 was a broadside heart shot at around 60 yds. Deer made a half circle and dropped. Walked the 15ish yard blood trail back to where it was hit and found a chunk of it's heart that had come out of the exit hole that was between the size of a quarter and a golf ball. Haven't recovered any bullets in game yet as they have all passed through. Farthest has been a 142yd shot that broke the opposite shoulder on the way out, but most have been under 100yds. The two this year were about 80yds and turned the lungs/heart into goo on one of them, and the 2nd missed the heart and jelled one lung part of the other. For the size of the cartridge I think it hits above what it should. If you look at book loads for 35Rem they're pretty similar for 180gr although you can certainly load a 35rem up hotter than the reloading books. I've hunted with a 44 mag pistol for almost 30 years now and this seems to cause more shock type damage. The loads listed on the winchester site for the 350L are actually slightly slower that what we're getting and I have no doubt the 350L can be safely loaded a little hotter to match what we're getting from a 16" barrel out of their 20"ers.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

MGO Member
    A .357 maximum for autoloaders?

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by flhpi View Post
    Bullet weights offered by Winchester are going to be more in the 150 - 180 grain range other than their subsonic load. I think it'll be faster, flatter shooting and higher energy than the 225 in the 44 mag. Hopefully a lot better accuracy. I haven't seen any 44 mag carbines I've had be all that stellar in accuracy. Most 44 mag loads in a rifle tend to have some issues holding together on closer range deer hits. I've shot that 225 out of 77/44, and I wasn't impressed with the performance or the accuracy. It'll kill stuff but it isn't great. Think 30-30 performance on the 350. I seem to recall that the 30-30 has killed a couple of deer successfully. The Power Max bonded and XP bullets look interesting. The same designs have been pretty successful in higher velocity rifle cartridges than the 350.

I am a Forum User
    Double post

I am a Forum User
    Interesting. Looks like another caliber to buy for our AR's...

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast