Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

Firearms Legal Protection

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    MGO Member

Any comments on Remington RP45 ?

I've been looking at that low priced Remington RP45. Has anyone got an opinion on it good/bad?

I am a Forum User
    My opinion, verified by others, is that Remington has no business making pistols. All they do is F them up.

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by dwcopple View Post
    My opinion, verified by others, is that Remington has no business making pistols. All they do is F them up.
    Dayum, we agree again!

MGO Member
    I bought the Remington 1911 and that seems pretty nice. I think the grips could bite a little more but I don't have any issues with the gun.
    I was really hoping for someone with first hand experience with this particular gun, and not just the general feeling towards Remington.
    Last edited by Professorwiz; 01-23-2019 at 07:54 PM.

You need to qualify that slightly. "Remington has no business making auto pistols". They did a fair job in the 19th century with their revolvers and the XP100 held on for a long time.

Life Member, NRA, Lapeer County Sportsmen's Club Disclaimer: I Am Not A Lawyer. Opinions expressed are not representative of any organization to which I may belong, and are solely mine. Any natural person or legal entity reading this post accepts all responsibility for any actions undertaken by that person or entity, based upon what they perceived was contained in this post, and shall hold harmless this poster, his antecedents, and descendants, in perpetuity.

Was the XP-100 really a pistol though?
    "Saepe errans, numquam dubitans --Frequently in error, never in doubt".

The trouble with the Internet is that it's replacing masturbation as a leisure activity. ~Patrick Murray

Quote Originally Posted by Ol` Joe View Post
    Was the XP-100 really a pistol though?
    Yes, it is/was. It was intentionally built in that configuration and is a pistol by both Federal and Michigan definitions, and would most likely be the same in the other 49 States. It was not "made from" anything else. No less of a pistol than a Thompson/Center Contender.

Life Member, NRA, Lapeer County Sportsmen's Club Disclaimer: I Am Not A Lawyer. Opinions expressed are not representative of any organization to which I may belong, and are solely mine. Any natural person or legal entity reading this post accepts all responsibility for any actions undertaken by that person or entity, based upon what they perceived was contained in this post, and shall hold harmless this poster, his antecedents, and descendants, in perpetuity.

Quote Originally Posted by Roundballer View Post
    Yes, it is/was. It was intentionally built in that configuration and is a pistol by both Federal and Michigan definitions, and would most likely be the same in the other 49 States. It was not "made from" anything else. No less of a pistol than a Thompson/Center Contender.
    Understood.
    Just a comment on how I have always seen it and others like Nosler and Savage version of the bolt style hand guns.
    Too unwieldly and clumsy, a very job specific tool IMO that a rifle would better serve for almost all but a few shooters. I look at them and see a rifle with a broken stock, I have felt this way since they 1st came out. I would prefer a TC, Wichita, or MRI Lone Eagle if desiring a single shot, but that's just me.
    Now if you offered me that nib Ruger Hawkeye 256 mag I turned down when a gunsmith friend was trying to clear inventory for ~$125... hindsight
    "Saepe errans, numquam dubitans --Frequently in error, never in doubt".

The trouble with the Internet is that it's replacing masturbation as a leisure activity. ~Patrick Murray

The RM380 is actually solid. Trust me, that's hard for me to admit...

That said, they bought the design. It's not like they designed the RM380 from the ground up. Was actually hoping they would do the RM9 as well...again, hard to admit that.

However, the RP reviews are abysmal. The triggers feel pretty meh. The overall quality certainly feels pretty meh as well. I'll continue to pass, even at under $300 OTD.
    Last edited by Cocowheats; 01-24-2019 at 12:44 PM.

You can still get an ok 700, the cheap versions are very cheap, and same with 870. Neither are as good as stuff from the the old days up to about ten years ago.

I would not trust any new remmington original design.

dont be seduced by the cheap price, a couple trips to the range, a couple boxes of ammo fighting it, two trips to fed ex to send it in, its not worth it.

You can get an xd45 for 60 bucks more ... or mp45 for 35 bucks more.

Either will run as well as anything costing triple.

this remmy is not a good bet. Do not do it.
    Last edited by dirtmcgirt76239; 01-24-2019 at 04:52 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast