Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

Firearms Legal Protection

I am a Forum User

Weatherby MK V Fibermark 7mm Weatherby magnum Value?

I have a 1991 Weatherby MK V Fibermark in 7mm Weatherby magnum caliber that I have not used in 25 years. Its a SS model with the composite stock and I had it Magna-Ported when I bought it new. It has a basic Redfield Widefield 3X9 scope. I am unable to find a value for this model anywhere and would like to get it up for sale so someone can use this as intended for hunting big game. (I stopped hunting in 1994). I AM NOT taking offers on it, but would like to come up with a realistic value before I list it here. Its in excellent condition with around 30 rounds being put through it since new. Thanks for any help and please keep snarky comments to yourself. Dave

There is a couple listed on Gunbroker. Starting bid is $799.00, with no bids.

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by Redbeard View Post
    There is a couple listed on Gunbroker. Starting bid is $799.00, with no bids.
    Thanks Redbeard. I figured something like that but definitely what I did not want to hear considering I have over $1000 into it. Maybe I will just hang onto it and pass it on to my estate when I die.

I am a Forum User
    Full stainless, or just a stainless barrel?

I follow the left handed Weatherby's and stainless barreled LH Fibermarks sell for $ 800 - $ 1,000 without any scope - depending upon caliber. Right handed rifles are at the bottom of that range. The 7mm Weatherby Magnum rifles seem to be slow sellers across all the Weatherby lines. .257's, .270's and .300 rifles seem to sell quickest, at the highest prices, in that order. .300's are probably the most popular, but they are also the most plentiful. 7mm rifles are the second most plentiful on the used market, but seem to draw few bids.

You probably want to sell the scope separately from the rifle if you decide to sell.

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by 10x25mm View Post
    Full stainless, or just a stainless barrel?

I follow the left handed Weatherby's and stainless barreled LH Fibermarks sell for $ 800 - $ 1,000 without any scope - depending upon caliber. Right handed rifles are at the bottom of that range. The 7mm Weatherby Magnum rifles seem to be slow sellers across all the Weatherby lines. .257's, .270's and .300 rifles seem to sell quickest, at the highest prices, in that order. .300's are probably the most popular, but they are also the most plentiful. 7mm rifles are the second most plentiful on the used market, but seem to draw few bids.

You probably want to sell the scope separately from the rifle if you decide to sell.
    Its a full SS rifle including the Magna-Port. The scope is black though. I once had a Weatherby Vanguard .270 before this one. Bought it when they first offered the lower cost Vanguard model. It was a gorgeous gun. They made them really nice back then. Sweet gun to shoot but I wanted something with a little more knockdown power for bear. That's when I purchased the 7mm WBY magnum. The Magna-Port really tamed down the recoil.
    Last edited by Davidsoutpost; 01-25-2019 at 10:37 PM.