Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

KROGER

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    2-21-19 Update
    Today's range session lasted 300 rounds. Rounds #11 and 18 had light primer strikes. Both fired when struck again. The slide needed a slight push forward on the first round loaded. Magazine started sticking and being difficult to remove at round #249 and continued to be difficult to remove until cleaning the gun at home.

Aside from those problems the gun fed, fired, and ejected all rounds. Total round count is now 2560 and I am still using the original recoil spring.

This has been a fun journey with a super cheap but fun gun. I'll keep using it as a range gun but I don't think there will be much to report on from here on out. Although I am curious as to how long it will last before something major breaks.

Quote Originally Posted by Happytriggertime View Post
    It appears you are using the wrong ammunition. If you read the users manual you are only supposed to be using low velocity ammunition (sub sonic). Pg27
    https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/10...34152949560847
    https://www.americanhunter.org/artic...-game-hunting/

I inherited the HP22LR & HP25acp and have had similar results. Cleaning the slide and firing mechanism helps a lot. If you have continued issues or find the firing pin broken, You can mail the pistol to the manufacture in Ontario California and they will repair it for free and mail it back. Phoenix Arms 4231 E. Brickell St. Ontario, CA 91761 909.937.6900
    It’s a fun little shooter and a nice pistol to start a reluctant new shooter on.
    Agreed. It is a fun gun and perfect for new shooters. Old shooters like me too.

I know that standard velocity ammo is recommended but my whole purpose for buying this gun was to see how long it would last before breaking. So I am using the same bulk .22 ammunition I use in all my .22's.

I am a Forum User
    I'm a few weeks into mine as well, and it's been just as reliable. I got it for new folks to learn on, but have spent more time on it than my carry pistol the last couple range visits.

It makes me really focus on isolating the trigger press from my grip (and the ammo prices don't hurt).

Update

4-26-19
    Shot 260 rounds of Winchester bulk 555 round 36gr through the HP22a this afternoon. The gun ran quite nicely and surprisingly since both my Ruger SR22 and Taurus TX22 had lots of problems with that ammo. The HP22a had several times when the slide needed a slight push to feed a fresh round but ran good until round 210 when spent shells began sticking in the chamber and not extracting. That became the norm for nearly every round by round 240. Total round count is now 5404. Upon inspection while cleaning the frame showed a crack on each side of the mag well. Time will tell if the small holes I drilled at the end of the cracks stop those cracks from continuing. However I am still using the original recoil spring. I will continue to use the gun until it falls apart or won't shoot at all.

However in all fairness, as my posts reflect, I have not limited my ammo usage to standard velocity but have run anything and everything I happen to have on hand through the gun.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12