Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

Firearms Legal Protection

I am a Forum User

CMP / NRA High Power Rifle Clinic

HIGH POWER RIFLE CLINIC & INTRODUCTION TO HI-POWER RIFLE MARKSMANSHIP

LOCATION: MONROE RIFLE & PISTOL CLUB - 1220 YENSCH RD - DUNDEE, MI

DATE: APRIL 27 & 28, 2019

PROGRAM:

Two-day class that introduces shooters to the sport of high power rifle competition.

Class taught my CMP GSM Certified Instructors, CMP HP Rifle Instructors and MA / HM Classified HP Competitors.

Students will be taught about the sport of high power rifle shooting & competition, basic firearm and range safety, aspects of legal rifles, equipment used in the sport, the fundamentals of marksmanship, how to build shooting positions, use of a sling and how to fire a high power rifle match including basic pit instruction and scoring.

Class includes classroom instruction and on range, coached, dry and live fire on Saturday. The course will conclude with an 80 shot CMP registered match on Sunday April 28, 2019 and presentation of certificates of completion.

Completion of this clinic with live fire satisfies the live fire / marksmanship participation requirement to be eligible to purchase rifles from the Civilian Marksmanship Program (CMP).

START TIME: 8AM in the MRPC club house. Course will end at approximately 5 PM each day.

ELIGIBILITY: Class is open to adults, and juniors 12 years of age and older.

FEES: $50 for adults, $20 for juniors 16 – 21, Under 16 free.

REGISTRATION: RSVP required. Pre-payment required to guarantee spot in class. Payment may be made by personal check or M/O. Make payable to Monroe Rifle & Pistol Club and mail to:

James Root
    1578 W. Stein Rd
    LaSalle, MI 48145

CLASS CAPACITY: 40 students maximum. Class reservations are first-come first-serve by registration receipt date. Applications in excess of 40 students will be placed on waiting list in order of date received. Applicants may withdraw for full refund prior to April 15, 2019 .

20 registered students required to hold clinic. Fees refunded if minimum registration not achieved. Registered match will still be held.

WHAT TO BRING:

Desire and enthusiasm to learn about the sport of High Power rifle competition!

Iron sight or optic (contact me to discuss if using optic) equipped centerfire rifle capable of holding at least 5 rounds in a magazine or clip that can be reloaded during rapid fire and will accept attachment of a sling.

USGI Web or 1907 Pattern Leather Sling

Preferred rifles are AR15, M1A or M1 Garand.

150 minimum rounds of any safe factory or reloaded ammunition that properly fits your firearm.

Shooting coat, glove, mat and spotting scope if you have them. (Not Necessary items)

Eye and Ear protection.

Long pants, boots / shoes, long sleeve shirt, sweatshirt or heavy coat, gloves, hat.

Food for lunch or snack. We won’t take a dedicated lunch break.

WHAT IS PROVIDED:

ECI (Empty Chamber Indicator)
    CMP instruction book
    Water & Coffee (soft drinks available for purchase)
    Experienced Coaches
    Limited number of club M1 Garand and AR15 rifles available for use. (Purchase and use of club ammunition required)

Clinic information contact:

James Root
    Phone :734-755-6013
    email: mrpchighpower@gmail.com

I am a Forum User
    Attached is an outline of the course to be covered in classroom on 4/27. 1.5 months out.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

I am a Forum User
    A month out. If you plan to attend please RSVP so we can begin planning how many resources we are going to need.

Also to clarify, the fee includes both days. If you only want to attend Saturday for the classroom, dry and live fire training / practice it is $30. Sunday’s match fee is $20. Or $50 for both days.

If you have questions about equipment, etc please message or text me.

I am a Forum User
    Week and a half out. Still room.

I am a Forum User
    We still have room available
    Attached Images Attached Images