Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

KROGER

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910

Thread: Home Based FFLs

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by Scoop View Post
    If you form a LLC (e.g., Acme Enterprises, LLC) and then obtain a DBA for the LLC (e.g., Acme Firearms), do you have to get the FFL in the LLC name or can you get it in the DBA name?

If the FFL would have to be in the LLC's name, then I suppose you could form a second LLC with the first as the parent LLC, then get the FFL in the second LLC's name?

Thinking about forming a broad LLC, then potentially wanting to run more than one business under it, but would like the FFL to reflect the gun-centric business name.
    IIRC, both go on the FFL application. You list the LLC, than a trade name if applicable. I'm not sure what would actually be listed on the license itself.

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by GreaseMonkeySRT View Post
    Anyone on here have one? I'm thinking of getting one as a side business to buy/sell online, as well as doing transfers for my local populace. I do know FFLs info is published publicly, but that doesn't mean every retailer will automatically ship to you if someone selects you. What I'm curious about, is if you complete a transfer for a friend say through Bud's Gun Shop, do they then keep a record of your license so that anyone can now ship to you? I am not extremely interested in having randoms show up at my house or shipments arriving without my knowledge.

If this is the case, I may get a C&R FFL instead.
    How did this post age, @GreaseMonkeySRT? LOL

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910