Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

KROGER

I am a Forum User

IVER JOHNSON 822 CHAMPION SINGLE ACTION REVOLVER

Hello;
    Looking for a trigger and hammer for a iver Johnson model 822 champion single action revolver
    This is a breaktop
    I know this is a long shot but I thought I would give it a try.

THANKS KEN

I am a Forum User

I am a Forum User
    Yes I did
    I tried all the parts places I know
    I know this is a fairly rare revolver and I think I will just have to tig weld and regrind trigger and hammer.
    Just hoping maybe someone had some parts or a old junk one laying around they wanted to sell.

Thanks for you reply
    KENN

I am a Forum User
    Look on GunBroker. The SA Iver Johnsons were fairly rare, but built on the same frame as the DA revovers. You probably will have to install DA parts, but they fit and work.

I am a Forum User
    I looked parts are totally different

THANKS KENN

MGO Member
    Try Bob's Gun shop, if you haven't. Looks like there are 14 different hammers.

http://www.gun-parts.com/iverjohnson/

Maybe this guy in Utah:
    Description

I have parts for the older Iver Johnson, H&R, Hopkins & Allen, U.S. Revolver, etc. I also have some parts for the older S&W, High Standard, and the German Revolvers. I carry a line of grips for the above listed revolvers. I also purchase these older parts revolvers.

If you are trying to get your old revolver back in working condition, I might be able to help you. Please email me at ronmar68@comcast.net.
    Last edited by john.41; 02-18-2019 at 09:19 AM.

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by kenn View Post
    I looked parts are totally different

THANKS KENN
    The frame of your Model 822 is exactly the same as that of the far more common Supershot Sealed 8, which was made in the same time frame. You are much more likely to find Supershot Sealed 8 parts than Champion parts. You may have to replace the trigger guard to use the Supershot Sealed 8 trigger. Think the double action .22 and .32 model hammers are identical. The .22 trigger is unique to this caliber.

Iver Johnson case hardened their lockwork parts. It is extremely difficult to weld case hardened steel. It usually cracks. Brazing or silver soldering does work, however, but you cannot fashion durable sear surfaces out of braze or silver solder.

Jack First Gun Parts

Old West Scrounger

Poppert's Obsolete Gun Parts
    Life is too serious to take too seriously.
    DISCLAIMER: The opinions expressed in my posts are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions, views, or official policies of Michigan Gun Owners.

NRA Certified Range Safety Officer
    Celebrate Recovery! Member & Group Coach

I am a Forum User
    Thanks for all the help I just picked up a hammer and trigger and some misc. springs on ebay from a model 855 that is the same as the 822
    They are in pretty good shape, sear is not worn.
    Does anyone have a diagram or a picture of the trigger assembly for a model 822 0r 855 single action?
    I've checked everywhere, all of the ones I seen are different, I would like to make sure I have all the proper springs and such
    When I disassembled it the trigger spring was collapsed and another small spring looked as if it was broke.

Thanks for the input
    Kenn