Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

Firearms Legal Protection

I can't post links yet! Forum User

Polymer80 handgun registration?

Hello, this is my first post on here so I apologize if it's in the wrong section.

I have a parts kit for a Polymer80 handgun, haven't done anything to it yet and am wondering if I can get it registered before I make any progress on it.

I've done a lot of reading on this matter already and I'm wondering if anyone else has any experience with this.

I'm in the UP and I'm 19 y/o if that makes any difference.

You will end up with a few different "Instructions" on what you should do. And it's been heavily debated on here numerous times.
    You won't find a clearly defined answer, because it may or may not apply to you in a few different ways, and depending on how the laws are interpreted.
    You may want to use the search feature, and type in "Polymer80."
    Whatever you decide to do, good luck, stay safe, and welcome to MGO.

I can't post links yet! Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by rjake17 View Post
    Hello, this is my first post on here so I apologize if it's in the wrong section.

I have a parts kit for a Polymer80 handgun, haven't done anything to it yet and am wondering if I can get it registered before I make any progress on it.

I've done a lot of reading on this matter already and I'm wondering if anyone else has any experience with this.

I'm in the UP and I'm 19 y/o if that makes any difference.

Yes and No. You will need to know things like the caliber, barrel length, etc for you to fill out the ri-060. But why would you want to register it before you build it?