Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

Firearms Legal Protection

I am a Forum User

Mount for A1 AR upper

Any ideas were too find one?

MGO Board of Directors

Trustee

I heard brownells is going to be selling a new version of the original optic. They might be a place to look soon.
    Failing that, I think there are a few low end companies that make a mount... I'll try to dig around after work.
    DISCLAIMER: Disclaimer. The opinions expressed in this post are those of the author, DrScaryGuy. They do not purport to reflect the opinions or views of MGO, its board of directors, or its members.

I am a Forum User
    Promag make a carry handle rail. Its solid and made frfrofrfrom.decent aluminum and that's all you need for some rail. The primary arms 2.5x and burris prisms, as well as the trijicon acogs have mounts built in to work with a carry handle. There's options, it depends on what you want. I thought about one of the brownells 4x scopes for my m16a1 clone as they are showing $299 now on their site, but Ian of inrangetv/forgotten weapons ran one in a match and was not impressed by it. I get the feeling even with modern glass the eye relief is not good.

MGO Board of Directors

Trustee

no brand name on the one in my basement. If I had to guess, it's a UTG or something similarly inexpensive, because it had a BSA red dot on it that has had the rubber finish turn sticky.
    All I know is I loaned a rifle to a young man who had just signed up for the marines, he learned to shoot, and then it came back to me after he was shipped out with new stuff.

If you're looking to try before you buy, pm me.
    DISCLAIMER: Disclaimer. The opinions expressed in this post are those of the author, DrScaryGuy. They do not purport to reflect the opinions or views of MGO, its board of directors, or its members.

I am a Forum User
    Thanks guys

I am a Forum User
    Why get UTG or no-name "stuff" when you can get Leupold for $30?
    https://www.midwayusa.com/product/33...y-handle-matte