Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

Firearms Legal Protection

Thread: Renewal letter

MGO Member

Renewal letter

Anybody gotten a renewal letter from the clerks office yet? If so, did you get 6 months prior to expiration of your cpl or was it shorter time?
    Mine expires in June and no letter as yet.
    Just because something is legal to do doesn't mean it is the smart thing to do.

MGO Board of Directors

Quote Originally Posted by gjgalligan View Post
    Anybody gotten a renewal letter from the clerks office yet? If so, did you get 6 months prior to expiration of your cpl or was it shorter time?
    Per the law, they have until the 3 month mark to mail the letter, so you should receive it by next month.

The notification must be sent in a sealed envelope by first-class mail not less than 3 months or more than 6 months before the expiration date of the current license.
    http://legislature.mi.gov/doc.aspx?mcl-28-425l
    Don't let yesterday use up too much of today - Will Rogers
    DISCLAIMER: The opinions expressed in my posts are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions, views, or official policies of Michigan Gun Owners.

MGO Member
    Thank you

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by gjgalligan View Post
    I received my letter on 1/26/2019. I renewed online on 1/28/2019 and I received my new CPL today 2/9/2019, 12 days. My old expires in July so approx. 6 months.

I just got my letter today. The online renewal is great. Easy peasy.

Dice

MGO Member
    Both my wifes and my renewal letters came 6 months before due from Washtenaw county. I had to call and get a new letter with a pin because mine came in Oct 2018 without a pin.

I am a Forum User
    Got my letter 6 months in advance, from Alger county.

MGO Member
    Thanks for the reply's but I am looking for feedback on Lapeer County members.