Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

Firearms Legal Protection

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

rank the cheap red dot warranties.

I have a strikefire and just got a primary arms advanced micro dot today in the mail.

Lookig to keep an eye out, who else has a real lifetime warranty.

Reading fine print holo is just the shell, 3-5 years on components, sig as well, unless they have a random model that is lifetime.

Any other good performing modest price stuff in the 100-200 range I should keep an eye out for?

It would be going on who knows, sks, ak, 22 marlin, nothing too crazy that would abuse it too bad.

MGO Member
    Vortex had good products and backs them with lifetime warranties. I’ve bought used Vortex products at great prices and Vortex has fixed items for free. All I was out is being without the item for about a week.

Quote Originally Posted by mitommy View Post
    Vortex had good products and backs them with lifetime warranties. I’ve bought used Vortex products at great prices and Vortex has fixed items for free. All I was out is being without the item for about a week.
    one of the local shops has a cheap used one, been thinking of buying it.

I like my strikefire, very bright, just got the primary arms micro dot, not as bright but still feels pretty well made.

Any opinions on anything else out there ?

Used Vortex is the way to go. Can usually find the red dots around 100-150 used. The warranty is no joke. I’ve sent several things back to them either damaged from myself or myself being clumsy and they’ve fixed everything for free, no questions asked. Most recently I sent a scope back to them on 1/24 and it was on my porch on 1/30. Less than a week turnaround time and they shipped fedex which was nice because the usps wasn’t delivering for a couple days.

Quote Originally Posted by Louisdove View Post
    Used Vortex is the way to go. Can usually find the red dots around 100-150 used. The warranty is no joke. I’ve sent several things back to them either damaged from myself or myself being clumsy and they’ve fixed everything for free, no questions asked. Most recently I sent a scope back to them on 1/24 and it was on my porch on 1/30. Less than a week turnaround time and they shipped fedex which was nice because the usps wasn’t delivering for a couple days.
    what did shipping cost ?

MGO Member
    I have 2 Vortex Spitfires. I have astigmatism and The etched reticle doesn’t flare or distort for me. I picked one up on a sale for about $125. The other I bought from a gun board for $50. The $50 one was the older style, with a knob for brightness. I prefer that over the newer push button style.

I had a buddy cross thread my battery cap on my Vortex Venom. Cap flew off in a flurry of machine gun fire. I sent the optic in with no mount, no cap, and a warranty claim form(I did not pre-authorize the return, just filled it out and stuck it in the bubble envelope w/optic).

I got an email when they received it. I got an email saying they shipped it. Within 3 weeks I received a replacement Venom complete in wrapped retail box with everything you expect when buying new. I paid shipping one way.

I have also used Burris' service due to a DOA optic. Took a little finagling to get free shipping round trip, but they did right by me and replaced it.

I’m not sure, my wife shipped while running errands. They covered shipping to get it back to me. Couldn’t have been much or I would have heard about it...

I am a Forum User
    Holosun has a Limited Lifetime Warranty, i just bought a nice hs503gu micro for my CZ Scorpion. Any of there 500 series sights have a 65 MOA circle dot reticle which is similar too eotechs. I purchased one for around 130 and it comes with low and high mounting options.

Quote Originally Posted by mrmaldo616 View Post
    Holosun has a Limited Lifetime Warranty, i just bought a nice hs503gu micro for my CZ Scorpion. Any of there 500 series sights have a 65 MOA circle dot reticle which is similar too eotechs. I purchased one for around 130 and it comes with low and high mounting options.
    I was looking at them a few months ago, the models I was looking at were I think 2-3 years. Read the fine print, I thought one of the gun blogs explained they literally warant the housing not the guts, as if I am going to smash it.

If they are really life time I would be interested in trying one out, I have a bunch of rifles I still need to put a scope or red dot on. I am not paying for aimpoints on all of them, thought might buy one aimpoint just as the reference point.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast