Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

Firearms Legal Protection

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    I am a Forum User
    So let's recap:
    Quote Originally Posted by 5.56 View Post
    Front hole size is .255"
    Mil spec pins (.248”) are for .250 holes
    Rifle is Freedom Ordanance FX-9 9mm. Glock mag.
    They said was all AR style rifles are loose. Does not matter, doesn’t hurt accuracy!!! That’s the way they make them.
    Then they are making them wrong.
    Mil Spec calls for a hole that's .250". If they're drilling a hole that's .255" then they're drilling the wrong size hole. It's as simple as that.

Send them this for reference:
    http://www.biggerhammer.net/ar15/cad/ar15_receiver.pdf

It's also worth noting the wedges are essentially useless for and more psychological than anything.
    ref: http://www.frfrogspad.com/ar.htm
    Near the bottom / word search "wedge"
    Last edited by Quads; 02-08-2019 at 01:22 PM.

MGO Member
    Thx Quads ..... Put that info in bookmarks folder. They where very blunt to me saying .... they are not making an AR-15 and that is the way THEY make this 9 mm rifle. THEY probably can't drill the .250" holes in the correct position repeatedly and use that process (.255" hole) so rifle will assemble. As far as wobble I am guessing that if upper is twisted left, middle or right and the exact time the rifle fires and moves , that it would change POI vs POA?? Therefore change with each shot reducing accuracy, assuming I am able to shoot that good. I am guessing we all have been shooting for accuracy and know when we have pulled a shot, also other times when ; why did that shot hit there, pretty sure it was not me.

"wedges are essentially useless for and more psychological than anything" ...... still I feel better ( psychologically) using the wedge .. LOL

thanks again for the http://www.frfrogspad.com/ar.htm read, will keep to read completely latter.
    Last edited by 5.56; 02-08-2019 at 08:47 PM.

I am a Forum User
    Well, good luck at least in getting it sorted out.
    With a bit of hunting, you could probably find pins that are slightly larger, or take a 6 pack of hydraulic pudding to your buddy who has a lathe or mill and have some made.

I am a Forum User
    Accuracy- if you are using a scope from a rest, the play should make no difference. The scope is on the same upper receiver as the barrel. You should be on target and still when you pull the trigger. If you are using iron sights, the play might affect your sight alignment.

Still, I would want my rifle properly fitted.

I am a Forum User
    I've had pretty good luck with Accu-wedges. The o-rings tend to break on me in short time.
    Getting custom pins to fit tight (but not too tight) seems like a lesson in futility to me, since you're fighting a lot of different concentricity variables.

MGO Member
    final solution for me was to buy this oversize pin and file , then stone it for tight slip fit. Thx JohnJak and others for your help.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12