Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

Firearms Legal Protection

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    MGO Member
    Quote Originally Posted by december1979 View Post
    Funny I just read this thread and then went to Armslist and saw this..............

http://www.armslist.com/posts/931383...-carry-package
    Always someone who wants every dime back that they put into a weapon. Same guys that put $1500 into a glock and decide they want to sell it.

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by AxlMyk View Post
    Recoil isn't any worse than my G26.

Myk
    That's probably about right, but 43 harder to get a grip on than a 26 for me.

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by th3icecreamman View Post
    Always someone who wants every dime back that they put into a weapon. Same guys that put $1500 into a glock and decide they want to sell it.
    If they were smart, they'd part it out. Thanks to Polymer80, you can clean up by parting out your Glocks rather than selling whole. That is why you even see dealers doing it now

SW of Grand Rapids, surrounded by chickens, Detroit some weekends.
    Quote Originally Posted by Citoricx View Post
    Additional reason (guessing without looking) there are a bunch still in the classifieds is probably that the sellers want too much. I personally wouldn't even consider one that didn't start with the number 3 for price. I know generally everyone wants new prices for used Glocks.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    There are some mods (ones that are too specific to taste, poorly DIY, etc.) that I agree with you on this but a lot of them are including extra mags, holsters, ammo and other non custom accessories I’d probably purchase anyway, so they do have some additional value to me with the pistol...expecting them to be given for nothing with the pistol you’re already getting a deal on from new price isn’t really reasonable IMHO.
    “Cui prodest?” Lucius Annaeus Seneca

G43 is a very popular gun, but now they made it with a slightly higher capacity version, lots of folks will want to "upgrade".

There are some mods that add value - stock accessories, custom parts, stuff I may go out and buy. I like customizing my Glocks, and when I add performance parts that adds some value, but it's always less than the sum of all parts. That $150 stipple job is worth more than $0 only if someone loves it. That $600 custom slide replaces the existing slide, and is a part that 99% of the Glock owners would not buy. So go for it, build your $2k Glock, but if you want to sell it, realize that you need to find that 1 person out of 1% of Glock owners that are willing to drop that kind of money. In other words, good luck!

I am a Forum User
    Too many people add up the prices of the parts they add to a gun without subtracting the prices of the parts that they replace. While almost nobody would complain if you added a beavertail, ambi safety or target trigger to a 1911, other guns like Glocks, people normally want mostly stock, except for night sights.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by balrog006 View Post
    There are some mods (ones that are too specific to taste, poorly DIY, etc.) that I agree with you on this but a lot of them are including extra mags, holsters, ammo and other non custom accessories I’d probably purchase anyway, so they do have some additional value to me with the pistol...expecting them to be given for nothing with the pistol you’re already getting a deal on from new price isn’t really reasonable IMHO.
    I kind of get that. I would say the overwhelming vast majority of the time whatever holster is included isn't what I would purchase. They are a very individual decision. A CPL extra used mags I mean what are they really worth? I guess I am different. When I sell a gun I price it a bit below everything else and just throw in any extras I won't need when it's gone.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

I am a Forum User
    I personally sold my Glock 43 because I just didn't shoot it well. I normally shoot Glocks reasonably well....I just didn't like the 43. I put less than 100 rounds through it before I decided it wasn't for me. I had a 9mm Shield at the time that I preferred. I've since sold that because the P365 amazing.

With all that being said...I just bought a Glock 48 because I'm a glutton for punishment. It will probably end up in the classified section in a couple of months...another victim of my gun adhd.

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by scrapinby View Post
    I personally sold my Glock 43 because I just didn't shoot it well. I normally shoot Glocks reasonably well....I just didn't like the 43. I put less than 100 rounds through it before I decided it wasn't for me. I had a 9mm Shield at the time that I preferred. I've since sold that because the P365 amazing.

With all that being said...I just bought a Glock 48 because I'm a glutton for punishment. It will probably end up in the classified section in a couple of months...another victim of my gun adhd.
    I would be interested how it goes with the 48. I parted with a 43 for same reasons plus low capacity comparatively. I shot a 26 quite well. Hoping a 43x with more capacity, slightly larger grip and maybe better trigger will do the trick.

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by xtrema312 View Post
    I would be interested how it goes with the 48. I parted with a 43 for same reasons plus low capacity comparatively. I shot a 26 quite well. Hoping a 43x with more capacity, slightly larger grip and maybe better trigger will do the trick.
    Finally got out and shot the 48 for the first time. I also took my new Gen5 19. I definitely shot the 19 better. I didn't like the feel of the 48 trigger - the trigger safety sticks out a lot more than the 19 trigger when depressed. I ordered a Vickers trigger shoe.....we'll see how that goes.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast