Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

KROGER

Thread: Mosin M44 Value

I am a Forum User

Mosin M44 Value

I have been out of the gun hobby for awhile now so I don’t really know any of the current values. What’s a all numbers matching Mosin M44 worth? Not sure if I’m going to sell but I’m looking to buy a new pinball machine so I’m going to be selling a few guns, trying to decide if it’s worth it. Not sure how to rate condition, it looks pretty good for a gun that old, has the attached folding bayonet and it operates well, and it has always shot well.
    Thanks for any help.

MGO Member
    There are Polish and Russian M44's w/bayonet, in the grease, your choice for $195, at the Saline Gun Show. Should be some left today, 91/30's also.

I am a Forum User
    Thanks for the reply, I’ll pribably keep it for that price.

I am a Forum User
    Rather than make a new thread:

Be curious to hear what people think on this now.

$350?

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by SlayerXJ View Post

$350?
    $300-350 is about right, numbers matching with bayonet in very good condition.

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by SlayerXJ View Post

$350?
    I have seen the 38's and 44's in and around 200-300$ The 91/30's I have seen anywhere from 200-400 or more depending on the ser#'s, overall condition and a few other factors.

I just sold my 91/30 never issued Russian all matching, brass stacker, laminate stock, tools and about 300rnds for 400$ and that was a deal. Had it been a hex barrel I am sure it would be 400$ for the gun solo. The hex versions with the original scout scope would be north of 500 easy, matching we are talking 600+. I have owned a number of them over the years and watched the prices for a long time. The ban on any further import of Russian surplus weapons (if still in effect?) will only cause them to stay up or go further. In my 2¢ opinion they will be for collectors soon enough.

At this point anyone looking to buy one needs to do some homework on them to be sure they are not paying top dollar for a rough one or at least know what can make them worth more. Things like hex vs round, not/issued, some of the markings/proofs, years or country of make not/matching are the big ones.

I can't post links yet! Forum User
    I have a 1939 m91/30 (I think). I paid like $125 for it in 2012. Are they all going up that much? The stock is refinished, but the rest is all original.

Yeah these days they have gotten much more pricey. Especially with numbers matching, because a lot of them found through the 2000's and 2010's were not matching, or had been force-marked.

One big thing is muzzle wear if some lazy soldier or owner didn't pull the bolt to clean from the breech end. These things kick like a mule to a lot of them had stock repairs too, usually right at the butt end.

If it does not have any corrosion on the breech area due to old corrosive ammo and not being cleaned properly, and if the blueing and wood is pretty good - expect to fetch $300+ pretty easily

A hex model will fetch more, any other unusual or special markings, etc.

If it is a late war model, usually they were in better shape (1944 or later, maybe 43). Some of the earlier ones may have been carried/used for many years during WW2.

It sounds like a nice one. Do the usual gunbroker and other research to find out what to ask for it, too

Man....I remember when Magnum Force got like 10 of these in. They were clean too. $75 each.....I should have bought them all. 2010 maybe.

These are a ton of fun.....another gun I wish I never sold.

before the 2008 presidential election timeframe, they were found easily for $49-59 in the cosmoline..... some people used to buy wooden crates with them still all packed in there (20 of them?), total grease buckets. Most of them ended up being pretty nice, too.

Oh, the good ol' days............