Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

Firearms Legal Protection

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    I am a Forum User

6.5 creedmoor build?

I have a 6.5 creedmoor I'm building. Using a Spikes Tactical livewire upper/lower receiver, Magpul PRS gen 2 stock and a Ballistic advantage 22" barrel and a Ballistic advantage BCG. After assembly with bolt forward mag can not be loaded into receiver. Mag can be loaded with bolt locked open but will only go 1" forward and gets stuck on the mag. Any idea what is causing this to happen? Using Magpul mag 10/20rd. Also do I need to change to a short .308 buffer and do I need to change the spring in the stock?
    Any help/advice is appreciated.
    Ken

Not sure of the cause, but I am almost certain the buffer and spring are not to blame.
    Sounds like the mag is seating too deep in the well. IMO
    "Saepe errans, numquam dubitans --Frequently in error, never in doubt".

The trouble with the Internet is that it's replacing masturbation as a leisure activity. ~Patrick Murray

I am a Forum User
    So any idea how to remedy that problem?

I am a Forum User
    So with the upper off the mag seats just fine. So it appears to be hitting the bottom of the bolt carrier which is not allowing the mag to seat properly in the receiver.

Just a question...

Have the different manufacturers settled on any kind of cross-platform compatible magazines.

Not too long ago, you had to get the mags that fit your lower, and each lower maker built for one of about 3 different patterns.
    Last edited by Roundballer; 02-10-2019 at 05:34 PM. Reason: sp

Life Member, NRA, Lapeer County Sportsmen's Club Disclaimer: I Am Not A Lawyer. Opinions expressed are not representative of any organization to which I may belong, and are solely mine. Any natural person or legal entity reading this post accepts all responsibility for any actions undertaken by that person or entity, based upon what they perceived was contained in this post, and shall hold harmless this poster, his antecedents, and descendants, in perpetuity.

I am a Forum User
    I might be crazy but I think its the Ballistic Advantage bolt carrier. I'm going to try to get another BCG to try. This might have to go back to BA or be used in one of their receiver sets.

I can't see how a bcg would be the problem.
    Teachers leave them kids alone
    Hey! teacher! leave us kids alone!

I am a Forum User
    Try different mags, cheaper than a BCG. There are alot of quality mags out there.

https://gunmagwarehouse.com/

I am a Forum User
    try a different mag release. or, fit the mag to your receiver.

I am a Forum User
    Problem solved.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast