Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

Firearms Legal Protection

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
    MGO Board of Directors

Lapeer Shooting Pit closure Feb. 13

From the DNR:

The Lapeer Shooting Pit at the Lapeer State Game Area will be closed Wednesday, Feb. 13.

DNR staff members and contractors will be taking soil borings and completing survey work. During this time the Lapeer Shooting Pit and other informal shooting locations adjacent to the shooting pit area will be closed to the public.

The Lapeer Shooting Pit is located at 2691 Roods Lake Road in Lapeer, about a quarter mile north of Vernor Road.

Learn more about the DNR shooting ranges – including offerings, locations and hours – or search for other ranges around the state at Michigan.gov/ShootingRanges.

For more information, contact Lori Burford at 989-600-9114.
    "But then there are plenty of gun folks who think no one should rock the boat because it might piss off the anti gun crowd/politicians and cause even more gun control." - Bikenut
    Submissive gun rights advocates need to lose their submissiveness before we lose our 2A rights.

I am a Forum User
    Hummmm.... Lead contamination of the soil.
    Good reason to shut it down PERMANENTLY!

Wonder when they will shut down lead mines around the country?

Quote Originally Posted by Leader View Post
    Hummmm.... Lead contamination of the soil.
    Good reason to shut it down PERMANENTLY!

Wonder when they will shut down lead mines around the country?
    They already have shut down the biggest in the country.

Life Member, NRA, Lapeer County Sportsmen's Club Disclaimer: I Am Not A Lawyer. Opinions expressed are not representative of any organization to which I may belong, and are solely mine. Any natural person or legal entity reading this post accepts all responsibility for any actions undertaken by that person or entity, based upon what they perceived was contained in this post, and shall hold harmless this poster, his antecedents, and descendants, in perpetuity.

Quote Originally Posted by Roundballer View Post
    They already have shut down the biggest in the country.

They also closed the last smelting plant in the country back in 2012-2013. We now buy all our refined lead
    "Saepe errans, numquam dubitans --Frequently in error, never in doubt".

The trouble with the Internet is that it's replacing masturbation as a leisure activity. ~Patrick Murray

I am a Forum User
    Well.... If we can't get it out of the ground anymore, doesn't that make ground water contamination a 100% certainty?

Or maybe it’s part of the DNR’s plan to improve the Pit.

From the DNR’s website...

Lapeer Shooting Pit at Lapeer State Game Area
    This popular Lapeer County shooting spot is being considered for improvements. Currently there are no structures for shooters and no sound abatement, the facility is not ADA-accesible, and there are no restrooms of any kind available to the public.

I am a Forum User
    Hi. We're here from the government, and we're here to help.

My dad often told me to get the lead out. Now I see what he mean't.
    Teachers leave them kids alone
    Hey! teacher! leave us kids alone!

I am a Forum User
    I'll bet the same person will still call police to complain about gunfire.

Quote Originally Posted by aaron View Post
    I'll bet the same person will still call police to complain about gunfire.
    I think one or two of them got slapped after making those calls, especially when the COs were sitting at the empty range when the calls were made.

Most of that ilk in that area are now making things rough for the drag-strip down the road, just as was predicted a few years ago.

Life Member, NRA, Lapeer County Sportsmen's Club Disclaimer: I Am Not A Lawyer. Opinions expressed are not representative of any organization to which I may belong, and are solely mine. Any natural person or legal entity reading this post accepts all responsibility for any actions undertaken by that person or entity, based upon what they perceived was contained in this post, and shall hold harmless this poster, his antecedents, and descendants, in perpetuity.

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast