Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

Firearms Legal Protection

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by DrScaryGuy View Post
    Island lake is an option, but I'd prefer somewhere I could have her shoot my portable steel targets at 100 without range fuds over my shoulder. Since we're pushing it back until March, there is a half decent chance the weather might allow that.
    Post 46 in Dexter? (Where the MGO picnic/election/BoD meeting is usually held)

Would need to be a member or a guest of a member though.

maybe this is a good place to ask...
    what alternatives do we have to the pit?
    I have a friend who wants to learn about guns. If her neighborhood doesn't allow backyard shooting, what's an alternative to somewhere we can do more than 50yd indoor slowfire?
    We were going to head to peacemakers yesterday but couldn't make it, if that helps with area...
    Island lake is an option, but I'd prefer somewhere I could have her shoot my portable steel targets at 100 without range fuds over my shoulder. Since we're pushing it back until March, there is a half decent chance the weather might allow that.
    Well, then, if you're looking for a longer distance to shoot, I'll take to the Oak Hill Gun Club, in Portland. Yeah, it's just a bit further for you to drive, but you'll have access to a 300 yard range, rapid fire, very few folks there on any given day (at least, when I've been there), plus the added bonus of spending quality time with me Life just don't get better than that! Bring your pistols, as well.

If you come from Peacemakers you will likely pass Howell gun club, Fenton pistol, Grand Blank huntsmen's, Linden Sportsman's, and Williams on your way to the pit. Possibly the Ortonville rec area and Lapeer gun club as well. All have outdoor ranges and are 100 or more yds long with the exception IIRC of Fenton.

Depending on your route you might pass the Oakland county club or Bald Mountain

The Ortonville, Bald Mt, and Williams are open to the public, the rest are by membership so that limits you a lot. Looks to me like its time to join a club near by. Dues are very reasonable, for the most part often around $100 or less.: twocents:
    "Saepe errans, numquam dubitans --Frequently in error, never in doubt".

The trouble with the Internet is that it's replacing masturbation as a leisure activity. ~Patrick Murray

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by flhpi View Post
    For the dnr to close the pit down, wouldn't they have to abolish firearm hunting on that unit of state land? Then rewrite the rules of target practicing on all state owned land. last time I checked all state land that doesn't have a dnr range within so many miles is open to target practice outside of the safety zones, with a small game hunting license on person.
    They just rewrite whatever rules they want. One plus one equals forty-six. It's how things are done in this country anymore.

I am a Forum User
    The Pit was open today, so hopefully it was just a short closure and nothing else is going on.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

maybe this is a good place to ask...
    what alternatives do we have to the pit?
    I have a friend who wants to learn about guns. If her neighborhood doesn't allow backyard shooting, what's an alternative to somewhere we can do more than 50yd indoor slowfire?
    We were going to head to peacemakers yesterday but couldn't make it, if that helps with area...
    Island Lake. $15.
    My wife and I go to Peacemakers Mon mornings. Both of us for 1hr @ $8.
    Can't beat that. Dave and Matt run a great shop.

Myk
    Never, under any circumstances, consume a sleeping pill and laxative on the same night.

Does anyone think the soil at Camp Grayling might be an issue???? That range and others like it all over the country... have been used ever since WW II.

They shouldn't be closed... NO -----they should be mined.... to recycle all the lead and steel in the ground.

I know this because I as an NG artillery guy... put a lot of those materials down range.

I am a Forum User
    $15 to get into a dnr range???? no thanks. Ill continue to drive to Manchester for the free sharronhollow range.
    Last edited by flhpi; 02-20-2019 at 05:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MichiganShootist View Post
    Does anyone think the soil at Camp Grayling might be an issue???? That range and others like it all over the country... have been used ever since WW II.

They shouldn't be closed... NO -----they should be mined.... to recycle all the lead and steel in the ground.

I know this because I as an NG artillery guy... put a lot of those materials down range.
    The people there are already immune to lead.
    Teachers leave them kids alone
    Hey! teacher! leave us kids alone!

I am a Forum User
    Remember government work hour =5 minutes of work

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast