Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

Firearms Legal Protection

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by Der Verge View Post
    "Government: If you think the problems we create are bad, just wait until you see our solutions"
    That's a good one, almost as scary as: "We're from the government, and we are here to help you".

MGO LIFE Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bearcat989 View Post
    Interesting list......Why confiscate people's property and not sell it off to raise funds for the state???
    I would question whether or not these are merely confiscated, recovered stolen, or if it is otherwise used in a crime... I know some people are just seeing dollars going up in flames and molten slag, but I can respect a decision to turn firearms connected to crime into slag..

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by Viking View Post
    I would question whether or not these are merely confiscated, recovered stolen, or if it is otherwise used in a crime... I know some people are just seeing dollars going up in flames and molten slag, but I can respect a decision to turn firearms connected to crime into slag..
    If they were stolen, they would more than likely have been recovered by their owners or the Insurance company which covered their loss via a settlement payment to the owner who lost them in the theft. Stolen pistols go into the national database as such I believe. I'm sure that the first place the MSP would check no matter where they were recovered from.
    If they were unreported, then whoever had them deserves to lose them in my opinion.
    Stolen, used in a crime, etc... There's no need to destroy good "tools".. They can grind up all of those Lorcin or Phoenix P.O.S.'s as far as I am concerned, but the good stuff should be reintegrated into society...
    LoL...

MGO Member
    At the very least, they should be able to break them down for parts if not just auction outright. Just a plain waste.

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by Viking View Post
    I agree, those bad guns that commit crimes should be punished.
    Those that commit more then one crime should be punished for each & every crime they committed.

I'd rather see them melt the people who committed down into slag.
    Lighten up Francis.

MGO LIFE Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Leader View Post
    I agree, those bad guns that commit crimes should be punished.
    Those that commit more then one crime should be punished for each & every crime they committed.
    We can all argue all day long that burden of proof is the responsibility of the prosecutor, but for example, if you have purchased, or come into ownership of firearms that have been connected via ballistics or other means to a crime, committed prior to your possession, now you have the burden to prove you didn't own it at the time of the alleged connection to the firearm. An astronomically unlikely scenario, but do you really want to give some rando detective reason to suspect and then latch onto confirmation bias and harass you for the rest of their career?

I don't think the firearm deserves a fiery death either, but I couldn't afford to have my house cut apart, or my vehicles disassembled looking for further evidence only be told that the resulting damages and expenses were my problem, because I've seen that happen. (Though in that case they were looking for a firearm the suspect didn't own much less have any record of owning the same caliber... and it boiled down to he was a suspect because of the color of his car and nothing else of value). Thus, why I respect the decision, I don't necessarily like it, or agree with it, but I can see a few potential chain of events that could arise if firearms used in murders end up back out in personal collections.

MGO LIFE Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom S. View Post
    I'd rather see them melt the people who committed down into slag.
    lol, almost too bad that would fall under "cruel and unusual" punishment.

I am a Forum User
    That's painful to look at that list of weapons knowing their demise. Well, maybe not the Taurus stuff.

I am a Forum User
    I can’t see how they are destroying colt revolvers, I am depressed.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast