Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

Firearms Legal Protection

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    There’s a sten on the current list. Hmmm.

I am a Forum User
    How would it look if MSP auctioned off a firearm that was then used to commit a murder? The gun came from the police! It’s their fault, the police are profiting off murder! Just a thought, maybe there’s a reason they don’t auction off seized firearms.
    Last edited by smashlock; 05-02-2019 at 02:19 PM. Reason: Wrong thread.

Quote Originally Posted by smashlock View Post
    How would it look if MSP auctioned off a firearm that was then used to commit a murder? The gun came from the police! It’s their fault, the police are profiting off murder! Just a thought, maybe there’s a reason they don’t auction off seized firearms.
    Why is it that people assign guilt to parties/individuals so far removed from the actual individual who causes harm?

So...if I buy a Chevy Mailbu from Bob down the street and he got it from the Chevy dealer who marked it certified-preowned and the Chevy dealer got it from Hertz who got it from a Chevy fleet dealer and my buddy drives my car and my buddy is texting while driving causing a fatal accident, who's at fault? Obviously it's Hertz's fault!

MGO Board of Directors

Trustee

except that they do.
    They usually try to sell in bulk to a dealer. or let an auction house (with ffl associate) do the work for them though.
    https://bid.sslfirearms.com/auctions/681/info is a michigan one. and Firing Line in westland buys a few 55 gallon barrels full of rifles at a time from the police to sell them again individually.
    DISCLAIMER: Disclaimer. The opinions expressed in this post are those of the author, DrScaryGuy. They do not purport to reflect the opinions or views of MGO, its board of directors, or its members.

Why should it be any different than the government selling off surplus service rifles and hand guns?

I am a Forum User
    Where I live they hold an auction about every 6 months and auction off the entire lot. Anyone can go, you just have to have a ffl to place a bid on the firearms.

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottyGA View Post
    Where I live they hold an auction about every 6 months and auction off the entire lot. Anyone can go, you just have to have a ffl to place a bid on the firearms.
    when do you find out about them, where are they held?

MGO Member
    Quote Originally Posted by dice View Post
    Seems like an auction would be a good money maker for the MSP. Sad to see them junked.

Dice
    Maybe if they made some thousands they could cut the price on services they rip off to CPLers.. MOC is still trying to find where all the $$ goes. Still getting stiffed, I believe.

Two posts up says "auction off the entire lot"--is that one lot or individual guns or smaller lots??
    One lot would cut out most FFLs and whoever won would probably get a whizz bang deal.

MGO Board of Directors

Quote Originally Posted by langenc View Post
    MOC is still trying to find where all the $$ goes. Still getting stiffed, I believe.
    Correct. The appellate court sided with MSP and MOC is now taking it to the Supreme Court.
    Don't let yesterday use up too much of today - Will Rogers
    DISCLAIMER: The opinions expressed in my posts are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions, views, or official policies of Michigan Gun Owners.

MGO Member
    It's adorable you think the State is in any way interested in doing the "right" or intelligent thing.
    "Government: If you think the problems we create are bad, just wait until you see our solutions"

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast