Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

Firearms Legal Protection

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: machine guns?

Quote Originally Posted by evilcoon View Post
    22lr is my favorite full auto round.
    You, my good sir, need to try the Mk19 and the Ma Duece.

Dice

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by JM4859 View Post
    What exactly is the process now of getting one? I had previously set up a trust, and gone that route for a few SBR and a silencer. How would I go about getting a machine gun? I kinda sorta want a SAW, but don't want to pay $8,000 for a semi auto civilian version...
    You don't get a SAW. You need an SOT for that, which means an FFL and dealing with ITAR and then getting a love letter from your CLEO or local PD stating they want to demo one.

Much easier to get a pre-1986 transferable MG, which would go on a form 4 just like your silencers.

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by excelerate View Post
    You don't get a SAW. You need an SOT for that, which means an FFL and dealing with ITAR and then getting a love letter from your CLEO or local PD stating they want to demo one.

Much easier to get a pre-1986 transferable MG, which would go on a form 4 just like your silencers.
    Son of a.... I'll have to look into them then. Is there a preferred source to get more info, or to find people selling them? I honestly am just now starting to consider this.

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by dice View Post
    You, my good sir, need to try the Mk19 and the Ma Duece.

Dice
    Civilian legal cartridges

I am a Forum User
    I was way off...
    Last edited by evilcoon; 03-20-2019 at 08:26 PM.

I can't post links yet! Forum User
    yes

Banned

There IS at least one transferable M249SAW/MiniMe in the registry. Expect to pay half a million dollars for it, next time it pops up for sale. The last time I saw one (haha) it was a quarter million, over 5 years ago.

So no, you don't need an SOT. Just a bathtub full of disposable income.

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by midlandshooter View Post
    There IS at least one transferable M249SAW/MiniMe in the registry. Expect to pay half a million dollars for it, next time it pops up for sale. The last time I saw one (haha) it was a quarter million, over 5 years ago.

Well I'll be, I thought for sure they didn't import any before 86. I heard rumors that some cut receivers were imported and rebuilt before then, but obviously they couldn't have been done as a whole gun since a light machine gun probably didn't fall under sporting purposes after the 68 GCA.
    Either that or the registered example has some shenanigans involved. I've also heard rumors of people cutting the serial number off of a registered machine gun and welding it to a completely different receiver, or various inducements to the NFA branch to register a post-sample as transferable even though it falls outside the required date range.

Regardless, it won't be something I will have to worry about anytime soon if they're going for $500k+

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by midlandshooter View Post

Huh, that's all its gonna take?

.....I may have to start collecting bottles and cans in my free time.

Banned
    Well I'll be, I thought for sure they didn't import any before 86. I heard rumors that some cut receivers were imported and rebuilt before then, but obviously they couldn't have been done as a whole gun since a light machine gun probably didn't fall under sporting purposes after the 68 GCA.
    Either that or the registered example has some shenanigans involved. I've also heard rumors of people cutting the serial number off of a registered machine gun and welding it to a completely different receiver, or various inducements to the NFA branch to register a post-sample as transferable even though it falls outside the required date range.

Regardless, it won't be something I will have to worry about anytime soon if they're going for $500k+
    It's…. not an import???????????

If it were an import, it would be a Pre May dealer sample, and you'd need an SOT.

They're fully transferable. Just expensive as ****.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast