Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

KROGER

Anyone use Speed Sights?

https://www.ammoland.com/2019/01/spe...#axzz5da1wPRpu

I read the above article, and i'm curious if anyone here has experience with them.

At $149, they are expensive. Are they worth it?
    Co-Founder and President of the Black Bottom Gun Club.
    Midwest Regional Director at National African American Gun Association.
    USCCA Instructor and Training Counselor.
    Want to be a USCCA Instructor? Visit my website

MGO Board of Directors

Trustee

I know some of us have come to the collective conclusion, sometimes through classes with MDFI, that they are not worth much. I'm sure they have their use, but they're very busy and can be distracting.
    If that's what helps you hit a target, great... but $150 could be spent practicing with live ammo, taking a class, etc and getting better with the gun you have rather than buying sights you don't need and still have to practice with afterwards.

but then again, my opinion is mine.
    DISCLAIMER: Disclaimer. The opinions expressed in this post are those of the author, DrScaryGuy. They do not purport to reflect the opinions or views of MGO, its board of directors, or its members.

If I purchase these, they would not come out of my training budget.

Have you used these sights?
    Co-Founder and President of the Black Bottom Gun Club.
    Midwest Regional Director at National African American Gun Association.
    USCCA Instructor and Training Counselor.
    Want to be a USCCA Instructor? Visit my website

MGO Board of Directors

Trustee

Quote Originally Posted by Xerses82 View Post
    If I purchase these, they would not come out of my training budget.

Have you used these sights?
    not those particular ones, but I've used some big dots, "dot the i" types, etc.
    I tend to prefer a plain old post in a notch. pretty much all my pistols have versions of them and i don't have to learn new things for one or two guns.
    DISCLAIMER: Disclaimer. The opinions expressed in this post are those of the author, DrScaryGuy. They do not purport to reflect the opinions or views of MGO, its board of directors, or its members.

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by DrScaryGuy View Post
    I tend to prefer a plain old post in a notch.
    You're young...just wait...

I am a Forum User
    I have only used these but I was a huge fan. I'm a big target shooter (amateur only though) and it's just a lot faster to line up.

To many points, they mess with my eyes. "Busy" really is a good description of the sight picture, IMO.

But I'm also a shoot through the dot "sight picture #3" guy too...so ya, different strokes for different folks.

I am a Forum User
    I prefer a less "busy" sight picture. My preference is for Dawson sights with the black serrated rear and a relatively thin fiber optic front. Such a combination draws my aging eyes to quickly focus on the bright fiber optic dot right away as it is sitting in the groove of a black non-glaring rear sight.

A simple sight picture drawing my eyes to focus on the front sight

A busy sight picture with multiple geometric shapes and colors leading to more time consumption to comprehend the sight picture

The good thing about Dawson is that if you buy the set (rear and front) you are guaranteed to have the sight picture with the prefered point of impact. So After installing the sight set, I refer to use the fiber optic as a red dot, so the bullet will hit where the fiber optic is aimed at. If the impact point is above or below my preference i use the sight calculator on Dawsonn's website and call them and they will resend a fiber optic front sight with the proper height to get the desired point of impact. I have the on all my glocks and couple of my competition guns. As for carry guns and home defense I prefer the Trijicon HD night sights.
    Last edited by JimSig; 03-04-2019 at 10:55 PM.