Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

Firearms Legal Protection

I can't post links yet! Forum User

CPL carry question

I thought this would have been easier to find, but then again not so much and It would probably be faster to go here.

I just got my CPL a few days ago. my wife has / had hers. it just expired a while ago. She has and owns a revolver. since its her gun in her name, but her CPL is expired, it's still legal and OK to carry and conceal her gun on my persons along with my own registered gun right ? I just need the proof or source or some way of being sure.

Thank you,

MGO Board of Directors

http://legislature.mi.gov/doc.aspx?mcl-28-432

28.432 Inapplicability of MCL 28.422; amendatory act as “Janet Kukuk act”.
    Sec. 12.

(1) Section 2 does not apply to any of the following:

(a) A police or correctional agency of the United States or of this state or any subdivision of this state.

(b) The United States army, air force, navy, or marine corps.

(c) An organization authorized by law to purchase or receive weapons from the United States or from this state.

(d) The national guard, armed forces reserves, or other duly authorized military organization.

(e) A member of an entity or organization described in subdivisions (a) through (d) for a pistol while engaged in the course of his or her duties with that entity or while going to or returning from those duties.

(f) A United States citizen holding a license to carry a pistol concealed upon his or her person issued by another state.

(g) The regular and ordinary possession and transportation of a pistol as merchandise by an authorized agent of a person licensed to manufacture firearms or a licensed dealer.

(h) Purchasing, owning, carrying, possessing, using, or transporting an antique firearm. As used in this subdivision, "antique firearm" means that term as defined in section 231a of the Michigan penal code, 1931 PA 328, MCL 750.231a.

(i) An individual carrying, possessing, using, or transporting a pistol belonging to another individual, if the other individual's possession of the pistol is authorized by law and the individual carrying, possessing, using, or transporting the pistol has obtained a license under section 5b to carry a concealed pistol or is exempt from licensure as provided in section 12a.

(2) The amendatory act that added subsection (1)(h) shall be known and may be cited as the "Janet Kukuk act".
    As referenced above:

"Section 2" is the section that says that you have to get a License to Purchase ("purchase permit") before you can acquire a pistol.

"Section 5b" refers to obtaining a Concealed Pistol License (CPL).

So, if YOU have a CPL, you can carry a pistol belonging to another individual without having to get a LTP.
    Her CPL status is irrelevant in all of this.
    Don't let yesterday use up too much of today - Will Rogers
    DISCLAIMER: The opinions expressed in my posts are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions, views, or official policies of Michigan Gun Owners.

I can't post links yet! Forum User
    Nice. Roger that then. Thanks for clarifying that. I just got it and want to ensure I do everything correct and " by the book".

Thanks again,

jlb

Might want to press the wife to get that CPL renewed so if you walk in the gas station to pay and leave one of the guns in the car with the wife, or forget you left it in the glove box and she takes off to the store she is legal if something unforeseen occurs.
    "Saepe errans, numquam dubitans --Frequently in error, never in doubt".

The trouble with the Internet is that it's replacing masturbation as a leisure activity. ~Patrick Murray

I am a Forum User
    Thanks for the info. New to the area and hard to find quality information.

Quote Originally Posted by gately View Post
    You will find plenty of quality information at MGO.

Quote Originally Posted by gately View Post
    This is where you want to be.
    Never, under any circumstances, consume a sleeping pill and laxative on the same night.

MGO Member Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by Ol` Joe View Post
    Might want to press the wife to get that CPL renewed so if you walk in the gas station to pay and leave one of the guns in the car with the wife, or forget you left it in the glove box and she takes off to the store she is legal if something unforeseen occurs.
    If she goes longer than a year, she will need to re-take the class

I know each state has different rules and regulations and I’m not sure about them all but I know I had to learn it when we moved.