Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

Firearms Legal Protection

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Heritage Rough Rider 22 revolver

I picked this up at Dunham's last monday after wife and I left the range. It's an old west reproduction 6 shooter. Single action. 6.5" barrel. Model RR22B6
    Haven't taken it to the range yet, but will have it with me Mon morning. Can't wait to shoot it. Reviews are pretty good. A fun gun to shoot.
    Not sure how accurate the sights are. a groove on top, and a blade up front. A front sight option is available. I'm considering having a Pic rail put on top for a red dot.
    $130, but I suspect they can be had for less.

The manual that came with it says it will shoot 22lr, long, short, CB. and 22mag with the other cylinder. Everything I see online doesn't mention anything but 22lr.
    I have a couple boxes of short to blast away at a target.

The Heritage website has options available, such as grips, a 22mag cylinder, etc. Nice six shooter. I'll get back after shooting it.
    Never, under any circumstances, consume a sleeping pill and laxative on the same night.

Pics

Myk
    Never, under any circumstances, consume a sleeping pill and laxative on the same night.

I've had a couple of those. The one I have now does have the MAG cylinder. Have never shot anything but LR out of mine. Someone will come along & verify IF the others are ok to shoot.

If you don't mind the PITA of shooting a SA gun, this one is fun to shoot. The longer barrel does make it pretty accurate. I have the shot shell rounds that are great for small rodents at close range. Grand kids love it. Now that ammo is available again, they can have at it.
    ΥΣΜΧ SEMPER FIDELIS !

LIFE MEMBER OF THE WORLD'S LARGEST FRATERNITY

71 AND COUNTING

I am a Forum User
    I have one with both cylinders. I shoot shorts in it all the time because they’re hilarious.

Mine is shockingly accurate but I’ve read that QC is poor so they’re hit and miss. Mine has been an awesome value that goes on every range trip with me.

I am a Forum User
    Wow what a callback to my childhood.

MGO Board of Directors

Trustee

when I bought mine the ratchet had one tooth that would have failed QC if they had actually done any. it kept binding the hand 1/6 shots. I tried emailing the company but they ignored me. I was able to use a fine file and stone to clean it up until it worked. But their lack of response and quality issues were enough to make me not give them the $30 for the magnum cylinder.
    Maybe some day, but I think I lost the slip, along with the free 1yr nra membership voucher I got when I bought it.
    DISCLAIMER: Disclaimer. The opinions expressed in this post are those of the author, DrScaryGuy. They do not purport to reflect the opinions or views of MGO, its board of directors, or its members.

I am a Forum User
    I bought one from an MGO'er and my son is literally trying to shoot the barrel out of it.
    It's a regular staple in the range bag when he hits the line with me.
    Fun to shoot, cheap, relatively accurate, and eats anything he puts in it. 22LR, and Mag.

I'm considering getting the Snake Eyes grips.
    https://www.shopheritagemfg.com/grip...e-eyes-gr-bise

EDIT: Not available. I'll say one thing. The website is a mess to navigate.

I like that there is extra wood on the grips. A little sanding to give it a good feel, some Watco oil gets a custom grip.
    Last edited by AxlMyk; 02-23-2019 at 07:19 PM.

Bought mine Black Friday before last at Dunhams, it was $99, came with a card I could send in for the magnum cylinder for $30.

Name:  heritage.JPG
Views: 522
Size:  50.5 KB

I am a Forum User
    Yeah I just bumped into those myself and almost bought it. They have alot of variations. Looks like fun.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast