Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

KROGER

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Didn't really do it, but not a bad look, eh. I use those RDFs on my telescopes and astro binoculars.
    The aluminum frame does need to be milled first. Those grooves are anything but flat, and square with the frame.

Name:  73298ce3eb38be50f74c86b64a7f04d0.jpg
Views: 271
Size:  82.8 KB
    Never, under any circumstances, consume a sleeping pill and laxative on the same night.

I am a Forum User
    Alright, I'm hatching a plan. I am at the office and don't have mine with me. Does anybody know how the barrel is affixed on these? Because if I'm mounting a Vortex Venom then I should also be threading the barrel...

It appears to be threaded according to the exploded view. https://www.heritagemfg.com/pdf/heri...ion-manual.pdf
    Never, under any circumstances, consume a sleeping pill and laxative on the same night.

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by AxlMyk View Post
    It appears to be threaded according to the exploded view. https://www.heritagemfg.com/pdf/heri...ion-manual.pdf
    Well then stay tuned. It might be a couple months before I can find a $100 Rough Rider at Dunham's or whatever and then get-together with my buddy with the machine tools but it's happening.

I am a Forum User
    2 words. JB Weld.

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by Quads View Post
    2 words. JB Weld.
    On $100 gun why not.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by irocss85 View Post
    On $100 gun why not.

My buddy is a pretty talented amateur machinist with some really nice gear. We'll have as much fun cutting that front sight off, milling a flat spot onto the top strap, tapping holes to mount the optic, threading the barrel, doing a new crown, and badly refinishing it (not our specialty. Actually, what should we do?) as I will showing it off when it's done.

LeMasters Hudson in GR has a 9" Rough Rider with both cylinders for a bit more than I want to pay, but they also have another gun that's been on my wishlist for a long time so I am going to head out today and see if I can strike a deal.

I am a Forum User
    Wel I'll certainly watch for results. To me the whole fun of a gun like that is in its weakness's. How accurate could I be with such a crude weapon?

I am a Forum User
    Nor trying to talk you out of it btw

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by irocss85 View Post
    Wel I'll certainly watch for results. To me the whole fun of a gun like that is in its weakness's. How accurate could I be with such a crude weapon?

The one I have is shockingly accurate. Or I shoot it shockingly well. My buddy and I play target games (battleship or dot racing or whatever) sometimes and I always do really well with that little guy.

But this is more about the project and the ridiculous result.

I mean a super-loose .22 revolver is probably not going to suppress at all but it's going to look darn funny when I pop it out of the case with a big reflex sight on it and spin a muffler on! It will probably only get taken out a few times and then relegated to the archives at the back of the safe after the novelty wears off. My current Rough Rider goes on every range trip and I don't think that will change.

In the meantime, think about all the Karma I'll get posting a few pictures up on Reddit!
    Last edited by Parkanzky; 02-26-2019 at 04:01 PM. Reason: Spelling

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast