Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

KROGER

CZ 85 - mags fit tight, but drop on ejection

I have an Surplus CZ 85 9mm Israeli pistol I got from Bud's. Shoots great, but I bought some extra (CZ 9mm 15-Round Steel Magazine for CZ 75/85 - 11101) mags for it and they all fit very tight. They work, I can release them but have to pull them out. Any suggestions about what I could do. My google-**, which is strong, has failed me here. Lots of stuff out there on 75's -- should pertain, but so far nothing has worked. Any ideas, don't be afraid to ask if I am doing something stupid you might have thought of (pertaining to this subject anyway .. let's not digress) ...

I am a Forum User
    CZ 85 pistols have slightly narrower mag wells than the CZ-85B pistols. Original pre B factory CZ-75/85 magazines work well in pre B CZ-75/85 pistols (and post B pistols). Current factory magazines can be a bit sticky in pre B series pistols. Mec-Gar magazines usually fit both, but are just a bit tighter in the pre B CZ-85 pistols.

Careful cleaning of the magazine wells helps, as does a very thin film of molybdenum disulphide grease inside the mag well on the surfaces corresponding to wear on your magazines.