Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

KROGER

Questions for DSC Members

Hello

Anyone a member of Detroit Sportsman Congress, what are the rules for the rifle range? Can anyone become a member? Pros/Cons ? thanks.

I am a Forum User
    My wife got me a membership there when we moved out this way. I was really excited until I found out they required you to load your AR through the ejection port one round at a time...that's when they lost me. Also when I visited the campground and saw it was basically a trailer park, I decided to not renew my membership. That has been a couple years, so maybe it's improved.

That's a big ouch if the bolt decides to move forward while inserting round.
    Teachers leave them kids alone
    Hey! teacher! leave us kids alone!

where do you go to shoot over 50 yards around here.......

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by Kpkimmel83 View Post
    Sadly nowhere close. a coworker joined a very nice club in Midland that has a number of distances. I just wait until I have a chance to shoot with him.

I am a Forum User
    I'm a member, but usually hang out at the Black Power, Cowboy, or Trap ranges there. I've been to the rifle range for 22 special matches (like Easter egg shots) and Tannerite with rifles. The entire club is very friendly and you don't have to be a member, but the range fee is lower for members. I did shoot AR on the rifle range on the Tannerite day. I think the Range Officer has some lee-way on the loading and number of rounds. They aren't the only sportsmen's club that limits number of rounds, but I can't figure out why. I believe you might be able to load 5 in a magazine if you are experienced at the club, but new people are watched pretty closely as they take their safety pretty seriously. I believe it's a 200 yard range for rifle with 50 yard increments. The rifle people seem more interested in accuracy than volume on their range, it doesn't strike me as a place to go do a couple magazine dumps. Their web site is d-s-c.org where you can find a calendar of events. I would probably enjoy meeting you out there one day to show you around and shoot a few rounds with you if you like. The Black Powder people would probably let you shoot your rifle at their steel targets (especially if you had a black power one) and they'd probably let you shoot one of theirs if you didn't have one.

Quote Originally Posted by Kpkimmel83 View Post
    You don't say exactly where you live, but around the DSC area (say within 15-20 mi) there is the Hadley rec area range, Williams gun sight, Bald Mt all with 100 yd ranges and Hadley rec area also with a 200yd.
    A few private clubs are in the area too such as Lapeer and Grand Blanc sportsman.
    "Saepe errans, numquam dubitans --Frequently in error, never in doubt".

The trouble with the Internet is that it's replacing masturbation as a leisure activity. ~Patrick Murray