Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

Firearms Legal Protection

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    MGO Member

Recommend an FFL in S/E Michigan for Reasonable Consignment or Outright Purchase

As has happened with most of us, my tastes have changes over the years. I originally collected .22 Pistols with an Emphasis on Ruger Mark II's. I have decided to sell MOST if not all of that particular collection (I now Collect Revolvers and I am an "accumulator" of Glock pistols.

Can anyone recommend an FFL that would buy 12-14 guns from me outright at a reasonable rate? Say 70% of expected retail? I would be willing to take that "hit" because I could have my money today and I would hae an issues on selling that many. Also, If anyone could recommend an FFL that would sell on Consignment for a reasonable rate, sat 10-15% of the sales price, that would appeal to me...

I don't wish to sell seperately to individuals and I am clear there is a "cost" for not doing so.

If I find the right FFL i have some additional items I might want to part with as well...

Hell-If there was an FFL that wanted a Partner...I could "buy in" with some inventory to sell....Just saying.....

Almost forgot to mention....I am going to owe some taxes this year and that motivates the sale...

Thanks,
    Ryan

I am a Forum User
    Try Firing Line Guns in Westland, MI.

Ask for Tommy Vaughn, one of the owners.

Tell him “Carlton” suggested them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MGO Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 991RSR3.8 View Post
    Try Firing Line Guns in Westland, MI.

Ask for Tommy Vaughn, one of the owners.

Tell him “Carlton” suggested them.

Thanks-I appreciate the advice. I took my CPL class back in 2004 at their old location. I had a bad customer experience there a few years ago and I have avoided them since. I may go check them out again though.

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan01228 View Post
    Thanks-I appreciate the advice. I took my CPL class back in 2004 at their old location. I had a bad customer experience there a few years ago and I have avoided them since. I may go check them out again though.
    Yeah, things changed for a bit with a high turnover crew. I’ve since moved down South but I remain in touch with them.

Let me know how it turns out, please.

I can't post links yet! Forum User
    Talk to Joel at Uncoiled Firearms and Transfers in Westland. He's a nice guy to work with and I've seen him post some consignments in the past.

I am a Forum User
    Read a recent thread about a gun shop that charged a fixed charge for a consignment..was $65.00, regardless of firearms price.
    Not sure if many or any other shops uses the same process.. I'd suggest a phone call to ask about consignment charges could save you some time.
    I see you are in Troy.. I actually bought a couple of pistols ( from my wish list) that I found on consignment from D&D Gunsmith in Troy.
    Just happened to stop in their shop & found a collection a widow had put on consignment there, after her husband had passed.
    The owner (@ D&D) knew the gent that had passed, so don't know if he had them on sale @ his shop as a favor,
    or if this is something they routinely do for customers.

Cabelas buys guns. Be informed that most gun buyers will pay half of their intended selling price. That is standard in the trade.
    MGO Life Member, NRA Life Patron Member, CCRC Life Member, GOA Life Member

MGO Member
    Quote Originally Posted by banjobart View Post
    Cabelas buys guns. Be informed that most gun buyers will pay half of their intended selling price. That is standard in the trade.
    That is an option. I have found that 50% of retail is about average. That is based upon a infrequent transaction relationship. I am hoping to find someone who wants to establish a long term relationship, and make 30% on 50 guns instead of 50% on a few. Probably wishful thinking on my part.

At one time I had established some relationships with car dealers (I buy 1 car every 18 months on average)...these two dealers (one Chevy one Jeep), gave me a better deal faster...knowing I would be back. To be fair, both have since pissed me off and I have moved on.

Account Closed Forum User
    Rich at Harder's Auto Parts in Clinton Township on Groesbeck does that. 586 468-1511
    Great folks!

MGO Member
    I have had someone approach me to buy most of the Collection...
    Anyone have an FFL that would transfer them for me/us for a reasonable fee?
    Say a flat fee to do 5 transfers at the same time?
    Preferably from Troy West?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast