Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

Firearms Legal Protection

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan01228 View Post
    I have had someone approach me to buy most of the Collection...
    Anyone have an FFL that would transfer them for me/us for a reasonable fee?
    Say a flat fee to do 5 transfers at the same time?
    Preferably from Troy West?
    You do not need to "transfer" long guns between private parties in MI.

It's no different than any other private sale of say..a lawn mower or a couch.

If it makes you feel better you can write a bill of sale in duplicate with both parties signing. However, that is not required either.

MGO Member
    Quote Originally Posted by tenthumbs View Post
    You do not need to "transfer" long guns between private parties in MI.

It's no different than any other private sale of say..a lawn mower or a couch.

If it makes you feel better you can write a bill of sale in duplicate with both parties signing. However, that is not required either.

They are pistols and I am familiar with the RI60/Purchase permit process. I had an experience which makes me not want to do 6 transfers to one person at one time.

So I want to pay an FFL to do it.

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by Outdoorman View Post
    Rich at Harder's Auto Parts in Clinton Township on Groesbeck does that. 586 468-1511
    Great folks!
    I have used him a few times, good guy, but dont like paying the 6% use tax on my transactions, ended up finding someone who doesn't charge it.

Quote Originally Posted by banjobart View Post
    Cabelas buys guns. Be informed that most gun buyers will pay half of their intended selling price. That is standard in the trade.
    It’s convenient if you just want to offload stuff fast, but they have to add a 40% mark up by their pricing rules. So they’ll low ball you hard.

Quote Originally Posted by Fuel Fire Desire View Post
    It’s convenient if you just want to offload stuff fast, but they have to add a 40% mark up by their pricing rules. So they’ll low ball you hard.
    For fun I too a Winchester model 100 in which they said was valued at less than $200. It had only been fired less than 50 rounds in 50 years. It sold on Gun Broker for $750.00

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan01228 View Post
    Thanks-I appreciate the advice. I took my CPL class back in 2004 at their old location. I had a bad customer experience there a few years ago and I have avoided them since. I may go check them out again though.
    Firing Line treated me and my son-in-law so badly they lost the sale on 10 firearms in the last 4 years. If your're not law enforcement, you are nothing to them. I get them back by checking out my future buys at their store but purchase anywhere else. Their arrogance cost them 2 customers and a lot of sales.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12