Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

KROGER

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    I am a Forum User

Budget AR scope & mount?

Got a sport 2 I’m thinking of putting glass on. What are some good budget scope and mount options? I have done some research, but would like to hear what MGO has to say.

MGO Member
    Depends on what you consider "budget" and what type of optic you're looking to install.

Primary Arms has some great stuff considering price.

I am a Forum User
    Primary Arms house brand or Nikon 1-4 or 1-6 with a QD mount from PA.
    Hard to beat on price / value for either.

The P-223 mini scope is a solid basic optic for an arf.

(yes, I know 9lbs is heavy. They're 20" bull barrels....)
    Last edited by Quads; 03-01-2019 at 01:16 PM.

I am a Forum User
    december, that Vortex setup there looks pretty legit. Good price too and free shipping.

By the way, if anyone has a setup they want to sell, hit me up.

I am a Forum User
    I've had good luck with inexpensive scope mounts found on Amazon..like this one ;
    Monstrum Tactical High Performance Cantilever Dual Ring Scope Mount, Offset Design (1 inch Diameter)
    $27.95 Free Shipping for Prime Members

just remember it's an aluminum mount & don't over-tighten mounting bolts.
    I've used this (& similar) 4 X.. on 3 Ar-15's, 1-on an Ar-10. & they work just fine.

as far as scopes, Natchez Shooters & CDnn Sports have a lot of scopes on sale, almost always.
    Hardest decision is What you WANT..then, easy to shop for it.
    Last edited by joepistol; 03-01-2019 at 05:36 PM.

DSG Arms has combo LPVO like the strike eagle 1-6 in the MI QD offset mounts for under $400.
    SWFA is another site you can look at though the mounts in most combos aren’t as nice.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Musta Demoni View Post
    december, that Vortex setup there looks pretty legit. Good price too and free shipping.

By the way, if anyone has a setup they want to sell, hit me up.
    I've got a Burris PEPR mount and a Bushnell AR223 with drop reticle on top of the LaRue I'm selling

I am a Forum User
    Thanks everyone for the input. Ended up going with a Nikon Buckmaster II 3x9 BDC with the previously suggested Monstrum Tactical High Performance Cantilever Dual Ring Scope Mount, Offset Design. Will see how this works out. Ended up being like $135 shipped, out the door.

I am a Forum User
    It's not as "budget" as other choices, but Larue recently brought out a less expensive scope mount.

https://www.larue.com/products/lt204/

$99 plus $10 for each ring half, and you can pick the size rings, 1" or 30, 34, 35mm.

I tried one of the cheap $30-class scope mounts, a AD-clone that Kotaboy32 recommended and...it works, but one of the QD levers half-broke trying to mount it over the slip ring. It still grabs, but I'm likely going to buy the above Larue mount to replace it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast