Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

Firearms Legal Protection

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread: AR or AK?

Quote Originally Posted by 12saiga12 View Post
    Have you seen any of the videos? I wish I could explain fundamentally what's wrong. I have no idea how anything like that could happen. Maybe you could enlighten me as to why or how a rifle could chamber 2 rounds and then fire one. I'm sure with the law of probability and the number of ARs you're bound to have failures, but for it to be the same every time is unsettling.
    Its called WECSOGS wylie e coyote school of gun smithing, bubbas. People weld on guns, use tools not even meant for guns, weird hardware not for guns, mod parts, mess with tempering, DIY trigger jobs, pack **** with grease etc etc rust, a million things can be done to a gun that from distance looks sorta ok.

Bad reloading most likely.

Dudes way over their head.

The world is fULL of people with little to NO skills, tons of confidence and no one telling them no. When they get told no, they confidently dismiss it. You can see this in cars, homes, boats, pet care, DIY medicine etc.

There are tens of millions of people that should be lucky they have a job. They cannot do ANYTHING.

But they have the confidence to work on gun internals, modify snowmobile engine, frame an addition, fix a rusty hot water tank, literally thousands of things. this is the internet. Its full of morons with tools, a camera, a S eating grin, and an 80 IQ.

Quote Originally Posted by 12saiga12 View Post
    Have you seen any of the videos? I wish I could explain fundamentally what's wrong. I have no idea how anything like that could happen. Maybe you could enlighten me as to why or how a rifle could chamber 2 rounds and then fire one. I'm sure with the law of probability and the number of ARs you're bound to have failures, but for it to be the same every time is unsettling.
    I have seen many vids of many well regarded guns, they show the aftermath, not the before. The before is the imporant part. You need to see police or lawyers looking into it, and three years later what came of it, not that some jerk popped the top off of his 870 receiver.

Its nice that you are cautious, but you seem to be wrapped up in just the design is safe or not. You have to know when your gear needs to be fixed, retired, repaired, cleaned, etc. Guns are not your bossy sister and you can tell them to shut up you know what you are doing if you do not. Rarely is it going to be the gun, thats just not really a thing for the most part, unless you buy some BS saturday night special from the 70s made of pot metal etc.

Everyone has been sued out of existance.

Even the cheap guns, they just jam, they do not "blow up".

anything you see saying the ar15 is fundamentally flaws is just someone trying to getv views.

You can add fal, sks, hk91 and variants, ak, daewoo k2, valmet, galil, and probably a bunch more. If they are arsenal made, unmoded, not bubba guns, all perfectly safe.

I am a Forum User
    I think getting one of each is ideal, but I'd start with an AR. And building them is all well and good fun, but why not just buy a budget AR new and play with that? Shoot it, take it apart, bolt some tacticool crap on it and learn like that. S&W, Ruger, DPMS, and others can be had for $400-$500 new. Then if you want to do a nice build, take your time and research/buy/assemble.

In the mean time, if you find a good deal on an AK, pounce on that **'r too!

Quote Originally Posted by Musta Demoni View Post
    I think getting one of each is ideal, but I'd start with an AR. And building them is all well and good fun, but why not just buy a budget AR new and play with that? Shoot it, take it apart, bolt some tacticool crap on it and learn like that. S&W, Ruger, DPMS, and others can be had for $400-$500 new. Then if you want to do a nice build, take your time and research/buy/assemble.

In the mean time, if you find a good deal on an AK, pounce on that **'r too!
    I agree, I know some dudes are hard in one camp or the other, I like all the well known battle rifles, wish I had the money for a daewoo, an hk, a galil.

If you have $500 laying around, look at the yugo aks.

Best deal out there right now. Can be had for $500. https://www.g4gguns.com/products/rif...7450220782-322

I would not buy a $1000 plus ak, no longer a good value, I mean its fine if you have the cash, go buy three of them.

I am a Forum User
    In the debate between an AR-15 vs an Ak, consider this..
    for under/around $500. you can choose from a variety of American -made AR-15 rifles,
    that come with a warranty. Buy a 5.56/223 rifle & you can
    add, a upper assembly in a variety of calibers: .300 Blackout, 7.62 X39, 450 Bushmaster, etc .

this flexibility, to have 1 lower assembly, mated to a variety of different caliber uppers, makes the AR format superior to the AK platform, IMO

That the AR format is easily modified (drop in triggers, different stocks, handgrips, etc) and the wide assortment of accessories available further supports my opinion.

I post this understanding that these facts have no weight to a AK fans..

Quote Originally Posted by joepistol View Post
    In the debate between an AR-15 vs an Ak, consider this..
    for under/around $500. you can choose from a variety of American -made AR-15 rifles,
    that come with a warranty. Buy a 5.56/223 rifle & you can
    add, a upper assembly in a variety of calibers: .300 Blackout, 7.62 X39, 450 Bushmaster, etc .

this flexibility, to have 1 lower assembly, mated to a variety of different caliber uppers, makes the AR format superior to the AK platform, IMO

That the AR format is easily modified (drop in triggers, different stocks, handgrips, etc) and the wide assortment of accessories available further supports my opinion.

I post this understanding that these facts have no weight to a AK fans..
    sure they do, I think of friends and family the guys I know with guns lets throw in neighbors and coworkers of past, its common to have both, and or like both.

I have one cousin out of all my cousins (20 first cousins total) that just does not like anything but ar15 but he is a fudd.

All my other boys with one or the other have both or want both.

The world is not as divided as internet fan boys.

A lot of my older uncles, my dad etc vietman vet guys were into both. Which you hear of old guys being anti sks and ak. Not in the guys I knew, not by the late 1980s.

Your points are all valid, ar is the best value.

But I want a mp5, uzi, galil, and a bunch of pricey stuff that is not as good a value. I just want it. Because. Through in fn bull pups and steyr AUG. Not a good value. WANT IT!

I am a Forum User
    I’ve owned Arsenal SGLs, Yugo O PAPS, Mak 90s, WASRs. I now own zero AKs. Could not stand having to rock the magazine in an AK. Accuracy was terrible. AKs have priced themselves out of the market IMO. No way are they worth 600-700. A good AR15 will be just as reliable, more accurate, easier to gunsmith, and a better home defense/ hunting tool than any AK. Plus, the 5.56 is wicked nasty, don’t let anyone tell you different, esp mil-spec 55 grain fmj.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456