Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

KROGER

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    I have them mounted both ways.

On my AR’s, they’re about even with the ejection port on the receiver. I don’t like mounting on the hand guard in fear of movement and loss of zero (even though my hand guards are clamped tight.

On my AK, I use an Ultimak Mount. It keeps the dot WAY forward. It’s sight picture is....different, but FOV I’m my opinion is greater since the housing of the dot is farther away from my eye and appears more svelte. You see more of what’s around the optic than seeing what’s through the optic.

Not my pictures, but you can kind of see what I’m talking about. I feel like I tunnel vision through the tube with it close to me, but have more peripheral vision if it’s further out.

I should also note, that I don’t like to use tube style sights on AR’s or SMG’s. I prefer the hooded reflex style to reduce the bulky housing profile like in the first pic.

In Memoriam Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by Fuel Fire Desire View Post
    I should also note, that I don’t like to use tube style sights on AR’s or SMG’s. I prefer the hooded reflex style to reduce the bulky housing profile like in the first pic.
    This becomes more apparent when you use the flip-up lens caps on the tube (Aimpoint) style.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12