Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

KROGER

I am a Forum User

Value for Ruger Police Service Six

4" .357 stainless 90-95% condition. 1982 manufacture date cylinder had almost no visible roller mark. Brown wood grips.

I lost all my books in a house fire a couple years ago all help appreciated.

I am a Forum User
    $400 - $450. Great revolvers.

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by cmr19xx View Post
    $400 - $450. Great revolvers.
    i sort of disagree. The Security Six was a better one.. But the Service Six was a dang near tie.
    Smoother and ( IMHO) better than the SW 19 or early -86's .

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by pkuptruck View Post
    i sort of disagree. The Security Six was a better one.. But the Service Six was a dang near tie.
    Smoother and ( IMHO) better than the SW 19 or early -86's .
    Yeah, I wouldn't disagree with you there. I think I'd take a security or service six from the 80's over the GP100's being produced now though. IIRC, there were some complaints about wear and tear on the six series from people who shot the a lot of .357's out of them so Ruger went to the heavier GP100's.

Sorry for the thread hijack.

I am a Forum User
    I bought a couple of NOS Security 6's , after the GP100 replaced it..
    a distributor had then @ ridiculously low (closeout) prices..
    bought them in 6" & 2 3/4" sizes. (Wish I'd bought a dozen of them)

My 6" has had more rds through it than all my other pistols, combined...
    a college classmate gave it a trigger job, & it's the only Ruger I've shot that
    has a trigger comparable to a S&W of the same generation (early 80's)

It'd be hard to wear out a Security Six.. I'm still trying.

and to clarify.. the GP100 replaced the Security/Speed 6's because the GP 100 was/is easier & cheaper to manufacture than the older model.

I am a Forum User
    Thank you for all the input. I think I'd better grab it for the 300.00 the guy wants for it. Honestly, I'm not a huge wheel gun guy but there's just something alluring about this revolver that makes me want to own it!

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by rookietrader View Post
    Thank you for all the input. I think I'd better grab it for the 300.00 the guy wants for it. Honestly, I'm not a huge wheel gun guy but there's just something alluring about this revolver that makes me want to own it!
    I would. If you don't like it, you can sell it and easily get your money out of it.

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by rookietrader View Post
    That's a good deal. I had the short barreled one a few years back that I traded for a CZ75b (that I also later sold) to a buddy's dad who couldn't manipulate the slide due to arthritis. I was glad to help him, but still miss it. Great shooting revolver.