Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

Firearms Legal Protection

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    I am a Forum User

How do you organize your gun stuff?

Live in a small house, trying to think of a really good way to store scope boxes and stuff and misc gun parts too, I was thinking maybe some bigole ammo cans on some sort of orginzer rack on the safe?

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

I am a Forum User
    I live in a very small house right now.

I have this bed:

https://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/p...08_1#/70404818

I don't keep the cardboard boxes that rifles and such come in, but I stash all the hard cases that pistols come in and hard long gun cases that I'm not using under there. It will hold a ton of stuff.

I try not to have too many misc. gun parts. Stuff that goes with a specific pistol will usually live in the case the pistol came in under the bed. I also have a little bin of parts with my gun tools.

And then everything else lives on the safe. I stack very high up there. Instead of big ammo cans, I use these:

https://smile.amazon.com/MTM-AC4C-Am...8-2&th=1&psc=1

(If you decide to buy some get it from Amazon under the "other sellers" list for $23.)

With three of those I can have cans for all sorts of calibers of bulk ammo, another for safety gear (eyes/ears/etc), another for tools and supplies I take to the range, and on and on.

Then I just have full cases of ammo stacked up on the safe still in their shipping boxes.

And of course organizing the safe well helps a lot. I dramatically increased my pistol storage capacity when I bought one of these:

https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B00V72R4..._it&th=1&psc=1

I paid $16 for mine and I'm watching for it to go on sale again so I can get a 2nd.

Getting all those pistols in a tight row freed up shelf space for other gun stuff.

I am a Forum User
    Older serviceable metal file cabinets and other metal office storage units can be very inexpensive and a good way to store a lot of stuff as well as often provide some limited security if they have locks.

I am a Forum User
    I use a combo of ammo crates (pretty cheap on amazon) in different sizes and Plano sportsman’s boxes (menards) for larger stuff. As for boxes that rifles come in they are taking up room in damn near every closet in the house for some reason, I should just burn the damn things

I would recommend a nice label on the outside of the box so you don’t have to rifle through 30 boxes to find that one thing you are hunting for. Masking tape and a sharpie work fairly well if you aren’t roughing them up alot

I am a Forum User
    Name:  vintage-set-of-old-school-gym-lockers-industrial-decor-americanlisted_33693807.jpg
Views: 250
Size:  23.2 KB

I bought some old gym lockers like this from Craigslist. Then I got a set of keyed alike master locks on eBay. But now they're all full and my safe is filling up with crap again.

But this is a good cheap and secure route to go for scopes, slings, rings, ammo, knives, mags and all manner of crap.

I have a few Steelcase file cabinets and a bank of school cube lockers like Musta Demoni's. Each file cabinet drawer is full of a particular caliber of ammo. Each cube locker has a handgun, holster, magazines and ammo.

My gun safe is overflowing, I'm converting a Pepsi machine into a safe, so in the mean time the 'overflow' is spread around the house and garage.
    Life is too serious to take too seriously.
    DISCLAIMER: The opinions expressed in my posts are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions, views, or official policies of Michigan Gun Owners.

NRA Certified Range Safety Officer
    Celebrate Recovery! Member & Group Coach

I start selling stuff when I run out of space.

Banker's boxes. Lots of them. All over the basement. This way, I can never find any of the gun stuff I know I have, and end up buying replacements. Of course the originals turn up soon after...
    The very existence of flamethrowers proves that sometime, somewhere, someone said to themselves, “You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I’m just not close enough to get the job done.”

I bought some really nice filing cabinets. The kind for holding medical files with the doors that flip up.
    36" wide and 63" tall.

Super cheap at the local auction house.

Quote Originally Posted by thedonn007 View Post
    I start selling stuff when I run out of space.
    Dang, I never thought of doing that. LOL

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast