Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

Firearms Legal Protection

I am a Forum User

Glock 48 & Glock 43x - Sights question

Would you all pay the difference for the Ameriglo Sights or just stick with Glock Night Sights?

I am a Forum User
    That depends on you. The Ameriglo's have the orange circle on the front sight like the Trijicon HD's. I just bought a stock one and stuck Trijicon original sights on it.

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnS624 View Post
    That depends on you. The Ameriglo's have the orange circle on the front sight like the Trijicon HD's. I just bought a stock one and stuck Trijicon original sights on it.
    Is it worth ordering it with the Ameriglos? It's about a $90 option. I am swaying that way though!

Quote Originally Posted by Chogers View Post
    Is it worth ordering it with the Ameriglos? It's about a $90 option. I am swaying that way though!
    I personally think it’s worth the extra $$

I am a Forum User
    I cannot find pics of the two configurations anywhere!
    If I choose Glock night sights what do I get configuration wise? I went to my LGS and found a G48 with the Ameriglo sights and it had the two dot green rears a big orange front sight.
    It seems like I saw somewhere a dot the i type configuration as well?

I cannot find pics of the two configurations anywhere!
    If I choose Glock night sights what do I get configuration wise? I went to my LGS and found a G48 with the Ameriglo sights and it had the two dot green rears a big orange front sight.
    It seems like I saw somewhere a dot the i type configuration as well?
    Only config I've seen have been the 2 green rear with the big orange front. I've only handled the stock and the Ameriglo model unfortunately. I assume the Glock night sights are the same OEM night sights on all their other Glocks. IMO, the extra $50 to go from GNS to the Ameriglo is worth it if you plan to carry it.

I'm not a fan of night sights anymore. The lighting conditions when the tritium is really visible and "useful" is too dark to positively identify your target. When you shine a light on your target to ID them the backwash of light then makes it hard to see the tritium. I've gone to either fiber optic, all black, or red dots on my defensive guns.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Divegeek View Post
    I'm not a fan of night sights anymore. The lighting conditions when the tritium is really visible and "useful" is too dark to positively identify your target. When you shine a light on your target to ID them the backwash of light then makes it hard to see the tritium. I've gone to either fiber optic, all black, or red dots on my defensive guns.
    Bingo....they are useful to find your gun in the nightstand at night though [emoji16]. Night sights are so vastly over rated in my opinion it isn't even funny. Just go with some nice fiber ones and call it a day.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

MGO Member
    Just bought the glock 43X with the ameriglos.IMHO well worth it for my old eyes..