Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

KROGER

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Purebass04 View Post
    HB 4295 is the brain-child of MCRGO and their president.
    Now I am starting to understand.

I teach CPL classes and a variety of other things.... this bill sucks. MCRGO is nothing but a self serving organization that is full of arrogance. SMDH.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
    Just tryin ta keep it real !!

MGO Board of Directors

Trustee

One of the other issues is that one of our biggest advocates for the repeal of PFZs has historically been our CPL instructors. If they suddenly receive an exemption on their CPL, the incentive is no longer there for them to help us in advocating for the elimination of PFZs. MCRGO is publicly stating that they are pushing this because the bill will allow more individuals to carry throughout the state. I love the idea of having more people carrying, but not at the expense of slowly dwindling away the base of people who will help us advocate for the elimination of PFZ.
    I don't teach classes, but I could if I wanted by actually utilizing my NRA certs for something other than helping out with free or low-cost classes/events that other people organize.
    I'm very much against the special people club that this bill is trying to create. Last time the "enhanced" cpl bills came around, I was against them too. I'm not sure all CPL instructors are the problem, just the ones that have political connections and make a lot of money from classes

Quote Originally Posted by tarkataku View Post
    I teach CPL classes and a variety of other things.... this bill sucks. MCRGO is nothing but a self serving organization that is full of arrogance. SMDH.
    Thank you, sir or ma'am. It can be hard to remain polite when people ask me what the difference is between MCRGO and MGO - when I'm volunteering my time to stand at a booth at an event.
    DISCLAIMER: Disclaimer. The opinions expressed in this post are those of the author, DrScaryGuy. They do not purport to reflect the opinions or views of MGO, its board of directors, or its members.

Quote Originally Posted by DrScaryGuy View Post
    I

Thank you, sir or ma'am. It can be hard to remain polite when people ask me what the difference is between MCRGO and MGO - when I'm volunteering my time to stand at a booth at an event.
    I have never been a fan of carve outs. I think the regulation that requires any class is BS as well. I always promote training..... not because its required but because its a smart thing to do. None the less I teach the NRA PPITH class because classes are the only current vehicle for people. I always use a lawyer who has specialy in Michigan Law. If I never had to teach another NRA class again I would be happy. They have their place for some basic knowledge but certainly dont prep somone for the fight of their life.

I take great pleasure in representing MGO any chance I get and enjoy my time working the table at the Lansing March. I would never make a scene at public venue like that, however when an organization has the audacity to publicly proclaim that their CPL class is the only class in Michigan that covers Michigan Law it makes my blood boil. The legislation they promote always has a hidden agenda and only promotes division within the gun community. This legislation is written with them specifically in mind and is designed to do only one thing ...... Promote their class and make them money at the expense of the public..... a public they are supposed to be fighting for..... Again.... SMDH.

I am a Forum User
    Looks like another pay to play class of citizen. Divide and conquer.

I am a Forum User
    HB 4295 is the brain-child of MCRGO and their president.
    MCRGO and its president, Lake County Sheriff Rich Martin, had no involvement in drafting HB 4295. MCRGO's Board hasn't taken a position on the bill. It will be discussed at the regular quarterly Board meeting this coming Thursday.

As for CPL instructors, one should be aware that some CPL instructors oppose permitless carry. MCRGO, which runs a very successful CPL training program, strongly supports permitless carry. Our guiding principle is John Lott's "More Guns, Less Crime."

Quote Originally Posted by bradymsu View Post
    MCRGO and its president, Lake County Sheriff Rich Martin, had no involvement in drafting HB 4295. MCRGO's Board hasn't taken a position on the bill. It will be discussed at the regular quarterly Board meeting this coming Thursday.

As for CPL instructors, one should be aware that some CPL instructors oppose permitless carry. MCRGO, which runs a very successful CPL training program, strongly supports permitless carry. Our guiding principle is John Lott's "More Guns, Less Crime."
    Clearly you have not see their FB posts....... They are promoting the Bill and claim to have the only program teaching Michigan law......

Some of the CPL instructors I've heard about shouldn't even be carrying a gun let alone get special privileges.
    ΥΣΜΧ SEMPER FIDELIS !

LIFE MEMBER OF THE WORLD'S LARGEST FRATERNITY

71 AND COUNTING

MGO Member Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by G550 View Post
    From MCRGO Facebook page:

I copied and pasted PhotoTom's post as a reply and asked if their reason for supporting another special carve out was so they would have another revenue stream through their instructors course. My post was promptly deleted and I was summarily blocked. At least we now have an idea as to who's pushing the legislation and why.
    You're not the first person to get blocked from MCRGO's page for any comment that resembles criticism.

Maybe bradymsu can provide some insight, as last I knew, he was involved in running their facebook page.

Quote Originally Posted by tarkataku View Post
    Clearly you have not see their FB posts....... They are promoting the Bill and claim to have the only program teaching Michigan law......

Brady is the Executive Director of MCRGO. I think he would know if the board is or isn't supporting this. Now there may be members over there that are supporting this, but I believe him when he says that the board hasn't even discussed it yet.

Edited to correct Brady's title
    Last edited by Divegeek; 03-12-2019 at 09:33 AM. Reason: correction

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast