Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

KROGER

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    MGO Board of Directors

Taurus Extending One-Year Warranty to a Lifetime Warranty

Taurus USA is changing their warranty protection in a move that’s sure to make Taurus owners happy. Taurus is changing their one-year warranty to a lifetime warranty on a wide range of products.

It is a limited warranty though, meaning that it doesn’t cover products caused by customer abuse, and it doesn’t cover cosmetic damage that doesn’t affect the function of the gun.

“The Taurus Unlimited Lifetime Repair Policy extends to all Taurus USA firearm models in production prior to January 1, 2017,” reads the new policy.

Read the full article from GunsAmerica Here
    "But then there are plenty of gun folks who think no one should rock the boat because it might piss off the anti gun crowd/politicians and cause even more gun control." - Bikenut
    Submissive gun rights advocates need to lose their submissiveness before we lose our 2A rights.

MGO Member
    Sounds good but decide for yourselves.

From link.

The new warranty sticks with the original purchaser of the firearm, “and promises that Taurus will remedy any defect in material, function, or workmanship for the entire time the original purchaser owns the firearm.”

To activate the warranty the buyer must complete the warranty registration online or over the phone at (800) 327-3776 within 30 days of the purchase date. Otherwise the product reverts to a one-year warranty from the time of purchase.

I am a Forum User
    I just bought my first Taurus, a TX22 from Uncoiled yesterday. They have got great early reviews. I usually don't buy a gun until it's been around a while and had the bugs worked out. $344.50 for a gun with so many great features was hard to resist!

Hopefully I won't need to use the warranty! Lol

I've seen too many garbage Taurus products over the last 30 years.... many in the last 5 years. I can't see me ever owning a Taurus.
    Life is too serious to take too seriously.
    DISCLAIMER: The opinions expressed in my posts are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions, views, or official policies of Michigan Gun Owners.

NRA Certified Range Safety Officer
    Celebrate Recovery! Member & Group Coach

Quote Originally Posted by Sledhead View Post
    Sounds good but decide for yourselves.

From link.

To activate the warranty the buyer must complete the warranty registration online or over the phone at (800) 327-3776 within 30 days of the purchase date. Otherwise the product reverts to a one-year warranty from the time of purchase.
    Is that legal? I thought that requiring registration for a warranty was not legal.

Banned
    Haven't their terrible products ALWAYS had a lifetime warranty?

Back in the day when I was dumb enough to own a few, I bought used, and when they broke, they were always repaired for free under warranty...

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by RifleGuy View Post
    I've seen too many garbage Taurus products over the last 30 years.... many in the last 5 years. I can't see me ever owning a Taurus.
    I agree 100% on anything centerfire that you're buying to do a job. I've been watching some detailed reviews of the TX22 though and it's really compelling. There just isn't anything out there that competes with it (full-frame, true striker-fired, 16 rd .22 plinker). I plan to buy one as a suppressor host. If it isn't reliable I'm only out $300. If it blows up in my hand at least it will only be a small explosion...

Pretty much the same opinion. Never bought one, likely never wouold even consider one.

MGO Board of Directors

A buddy of mine had his eye on a Taurus (this goes back about 15 years ago)…I TRIED to talk him out of it, but he wanted that gun bad, so he went ahead and bought it…

He had nothing but problems with it. Pure junk.
    Don't let yesterday use up too much of today - Will Rogers
    DISCLAIMER: The opinions expressed in my posts are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions, views, or official policies of Michigan Gun Owners.

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by Parkanzky View Post
    I agree 100% on anything centerfire that you're buying to do a job. I've been watching some detailed reviews of the TX22 though and it's really compelling. There just isn't anything out there that competes with it (full-frame, true striker-fired, 16 rd .22 plinker). I plan to buy one as a suppressor host. If it isn't reliable I'm only out $300. If it blows up in my hand at least it will only be a small explosion...
    It's fun to shoot! Trigger is great compared an SR22.

Had quite a few stovepipes in the first couple hundred rounds (all suppressed) when I ran it just to check it out. The mags are probably the weak point, smooth bullets seemed to have less feed problems. I'll put up a review in the review forums after I put it through the paces.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast