Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

KROGER

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by Knockoff64 View Post
    It's fun to shoot! Trigger is great compared an SR22.

Had quite a few stovepipes in the first couple hundred rounds (all suppressed) when I ran it just to check it out. The mags are probably the weak point, smooth bullets seemed to have less feed problems. I'll put up a review in the review forums after I put it through the paces.
    Looking forward to it!

Banned
    Bought a g2c just because it was 200 bucks and wanted to see if all the positive reviews were true. Love that gun. Have probably between 700-900 rounds through it and it eats and spits out everything. Shoots as well as my g19. They are actually nice pistols. Believe the YouTube reviews. Worth every penny.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by PhotoTom View Post
    A buddy of mine had his eye on a Taurus (this goes back about 15 years ago)…I TRIED to talk him out of it, but he wanted that gun bad, so he went ahead and bought it…

He had nothing but problems with it. Pure junk.
    I was at Geno's Guns in Waterford a while back. Geno pulled a new revolver out of a case, explained a customer had bought it a couple days before and had returned it because he couldn't load it.

I laughed. Geno handed me the revolver and a box of ammo and said, "Go ahead, load it."
    The first round dropped into the cylinder just fine. The next one hung up about a 1/3 of the way into the cylinder. In all, only two rounds fully seated, the other 3 couldn't be forced in.

New gun, had just been received from the distributor.

Years ago a friend bought a Raging Bull when they were first released. He bought it new from a dealer. When you looked down the barrel at the sights the front sight was clocked about 10° counter-clockwise. The entire barrel was clocked incorrectly.
    Life is too serious to take too seriously.
    DISCLAIMER: The opinions expressed in my posts are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions, views, or official policies of Michigan Gun Owners.

NRA Certified Range Safety Officer
    Celebrate Recovery! Member & Group Coach

There are many good Smith's that will not work on taurus revolvers because the are so unpredictable you cannot give people an accurate price and have happy repeat customers. It ends in disaster customer mad you will not absorb hundreds in costs, then the customer bad mouths the Smith.

You can't win.

No reason to buy one in my opinion. Ruger wheel guys are a deal, sw very fair.

Any semi auto you can get a much better gun for maybe as little as $30-50. Bersa, original XD, sw mp shield etc.

I don't know why anyone would go through the hassle.

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by dirtmcgirt76239 View Post

I don't know why anyone would go through the hassle.
    Some people just have to buy guns. They don't care if it's a good gun, just as long as it's a gun. I've seen them on this and other forums. They are continually buying cheap POS's. They'll buy something like a Charter Arms snubby, have problems with it and then claim that they just bought it as a "range toy". I'm sorry, but a snubby isn't a range toy. It's a carry gun. I have many fewer guns than a lot of people, but they are all at least midrange quality ones. Ones that I don't have to make excuses for.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnS624 View Post
    Some people just have to buy guns. They don't care if it's a good gun, just as long as it's a gun. I've seen them on this and other forums. They are continually buying cheap POS's. They'll buy something like a Charter Arms snubby, have problems with it and then claim that they just bought it as a "range toy". I'm sorry, but a snubby isn't a range toy. It's a carry gun. I have many fewer guns than a lot of people, but they are all at least midrange quality ones. Ones that I don't have to make excuses for.
    Yeah I see that, you work at a gun shop right ? You must see it more.

I def know a few guys not quite like somecrazy greek, but real horse traders of BS stuff.

I hate the hassle of it.

These are the people that can't say no to the lowest price generator, fridge, what ever. The world is full of bathroom fans that make noise and move no air because of these people.

They think they are getting one over on the rest of us, even if the jokes on them.

MGO Board of Directors

Quote Originally Posted by RifleGuy View Post
    When you looked down the barrel at the sights the front sight was clocked about 10° counter-clockwise. The entire barrel was clocked incorrectly.
    Semi-gansta model…ergonomically, much better design...
    Don't let yesterday use up too much of today - Will Rogers
    DISCLAIMER: The opinions expressed in my posts are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions, views, or official policies of Michigan Gun Owners.

I am a Forum User
    Years ago I managed security at a large cash depository that had a mix of proprietary and contract security. Us in-house guys carried Sigs (P226s) the contractors carried a mix of S&W model 10s and some even older Colts. The account manager decided to “upgrade” all of his guards guns so he traded in all the old wheel guns for Taurus .38s. One of the first guns he pulled out to begin issuing, the cylinder falls off and goes rolling across the floor. That day sold me on NEVER owning a Taurus. (Although I was glad I managed to pick up a Colt Metropolitan at a great price during that “upgrade”)

I am a Forum User
    Well, here we are 3 years later....
    I have TX22 - had it for a couple years, runs great!
    I have a small revolver - no problems
    I have a GX4, just got recently, but no problems

Maybe their quality has improved...I don't know...mine have been fine.

Also had a Taurus Judge that I recently sold...no issues with it either.

I am a Forum User
    Despite all the negative comments given Taurus..they are still in business. I've owned about a half dozen.
    Sold most of them NOT because I had a problem , but because as my cash flow improved, I upgraded to S&W revolvers.

All the Taurus I owned were totally problem free ('cept my last one).
    I bought the following models (new) and all worked perfectly well, with NO reliability issues.

A model 58 ( 5 shot subnose .38 in SS) a model 66 ( 6s hot .357 w/ matte stainless finish 4"barrel,
    a model 92 (9mm Beretta clone) bought a used 2nd mod. 92 as a back up.. still own both.
    a model 441 a SS 4" 44 Special ( sold to a friend, he still has it ) A model 58 ( blue 380) still own.
    ( all the above pistols were purchased before 1990 )
    Last one was a more recently purchased (after 2000) model 94 a SS (polished) 9-shot 4" .22 .. only one returned to Taurus for warranty work.

the 94 is a beautiful pistol, feels great in the hand, but dbl action was so heavy my wife couldn't pull the trigger.
    It fired fine, & was accurate if you cocked the hammer , using it as a single action.
    Returned from Taurus it was better, still not great. Then shortly after returned to me..the firing pin fell out of the gun.
    Tech that worked on my pistol left out a small pin that holds the spring & firing pin in the pistol.
    Doug Jones found the issue, found a spare spring in his parts stash, cut a short piece of rod (to make the missing pin) and put it together.
    I'd found the firing pin when it fell out.

Wasn't impressed with the warranty work, but pistol now works..

Don't see a need to buy any other Taurus pistols, (or any more pistols for that matter) have all I need / want.

I'm like many ? most ? Taurus owners that may never have a problem with their pistols .. so you don't hear about them.
    I've had issues with other brands -not a lot, but a few..any manufacturer can sell a firearm with an issue.
    Last edited by joepistol; 05-11-2022 at 11:28 PM.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast