Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

KROGER

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    I am a Forum User
    Ok, I have read all the Taurus threads, and I am sure that there are a number of Taurus handguns out there that are nothing but junk.

Like General Motors products in the 70's and 80's, poor workmanship, lousy quality control, but General Motors gave us the Corvette that really has been a awesome vehicle since the 50's.

That being said, about 25 years ago Taurus came out with the Titanium Tracker 357 mag titanium 7 shot revolver. it was their flagship.

I was heavy into revolver competitions then and my buddy purchased one. We took it apart down to the last pin and screw and I was so impressed that I called every gunshop in the area until I found one and purchased it that day.

I have owned this Taurus Tracker ever since.

Now it has a couple of boxes of 357 mag through it although they say that you should limit the magnum loads.

it also has a couple tens of thousands of 38 specials down the tube as well. It has been carried a lot as well.

Granted, I appreciate fine firearms and to be honest I cringe every time I see that "TAURUS" on the barrel. Especially when my collection includes Pardini's, Hammerli's, Feinwerkbau's, Browning's, S&W's, and Walther's. But that Taurus Titanium Tracker has served me well and is a delight to carry. It deserves a prominent spot in my display case.

Regards,
    Crankster

Quote Originally Posted by RifleGuy View Post
    I've seen too many garbage Taurus products over the last 30 years.... many in the last 5 years. I can't see me ever owning a Taurus.
    Same but just second hand is enough for me.

It's not like they are 100 bucks. The savings isn't worth the hassle compared to legacy models from sw, sa, glock Walther etc.

They are or were 300 dollar xds and most.

I wouldnt waste my time.

I am a Forum User
    The only Taurus I would buy or recommend to anyone is the TX22

If someone asks if they should buy one, I will recommend Hi-Point and tell them to save up for a used quality gun, IF they have to have it now.

Them changing to the lifetime warranty is just them admitting that they make garbage, but are at least willing to try to fix their garbage, even though likely you'll still get it back broken, like so many others.

Quote Originally Posted by Draken View Post

If someone asks if they should buy one, I will recommend Hi-Point and tell them to save up for a used quality gun, IF they have to have it now.

Them changing to the lifetime warranty is just them admitting that they make garbage, but are at least willing to try to fix their garbage, even though likely you'll still get it back broken, like so many others.
    I would consider a used taurus 92 clone from someone I knew and it ran well.

Otherwise, I have zero interest in any taurus, any hi point, if you tried to gamble them, use as bait, I would deny you. Pick something else. Your lawn mower, some hand tools, bbq, literally anything, I do not want to even fuss with a taurus or hi point even one minute.

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by dirtmcgirt76239 View Post
    I would consider a used taurus 92 clone from someone I knew and it ran well.

Otherwise, I have zero interest in any taurus, any hi point, if you tried to gamble them, use as bait, I would deny you. Pick something else. Your lawn mower, some hand tools, bbq, literally anything, I do not want to even fuss with a taurus or hi point even one minute.
    The difference between Taurus and Hi-Point is that Hi-Point doesn't try to be something they are not. Most people buying the Taurus lines are very budget minded or poorly informed. For the budget minded that has to have a gun NOW for protection, get the Hi-Point and save up for something better, but it gets you armed, now. For the poorly informed, inform them and show them that they are getting A LOT better of a gun, for just a little more money. Right now the Beretta APX has a $100 rebate, and most places that will take it sub $350. Why would anyone waste their money on a Taurus for a defensive gun?

I am a Forum User

I would think they have the confidence in their products now that they will never see them again once they leave the factory.
    Easy to extend warranties when you don't have any warranty expense.

Never have understood people that buy a product because of the warranty EXPECTING it to fail.

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by crankythunder View Post
    Ok, I have read all the Taurus threads, and I am sure that there are a number of Taurus handguns out there that are nothing but junk.

Now it has a couple of boxes of 357 mag through it although they say that you should limit the magnum loads.

it also has a couple tens of thousands of 38 specials down the tube as well. It has been carried a lot as well.
    None of my 357 mags have this restriction. Says something about it, if it's designed and sold as a 357 mag and then the manufacture says to not shoot the designated round thru it.

Not to do with that, but I will never, ever own another Tauras again.

The difference between Taurus and Hi-Point is that Hi-Point doesn't try to be something they are not. Most people buying the Taurus lines are very budget minded or poorly informed. For the budget minded that has to have a gun NOW for protection, get the Hi-Point and save up for something better, but it gets you armed, now. For the poorly informed, inform them and show them that they are getting A LOT better of a gun, for just a little more money. Right now the Beretta APX has a $100 rebate, and most places that will take it sub $350. Why would anyone waste their money on a Taurus for a defensive gun?
    Hi point and Taurus are cheap but bad value.

Bad resale. Less accessories, pain in the ass to send back.

Just looked on gun deals, shield for 299, 4 inch 16 rd xd 329.

Can't beat that value.

Beretta are nice, not a big fan but it's a quality gun.

If my nephew was gonna buy a Taurus. I'd say let me give you a hundie, let's get you in mp, xd, Walther something good.

Quote Originally Posted by jeff s View Post
    None of my 357 mags have this restriction. Says something about it, if it's designed and sold as a 357 mag and then the manufacture says to not shoot the designated round thru it.

Not to do with that, but I will never, ever own another Tauras again.

Not standing up for Taurus, but I recall a time the word was you should limit heavy 357 loads in your S&W M19
    "Saepe errans, numquam dubitans --Frequently in error, never in doubt".

The trouble with the Internet is that it's replacing masturbation as a leisure activity. ~Patrick Murray

Quote Originally Posted by Ol` Joe View Post
    Not standing up for Taurus, but I recall a time the word was you should limit heavy 357 loads in your S&W M19
    I dont doubt you, but curious what time period this was ?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast