Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

Firearms Legal Protection

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    FYI if the email is a gmail account be careful, most scams seem to use that type email.

MGO Board of Directors

Quote Originally Posted by dramey82 View Post
    FYI if the email is a gmail account be careful, most scams seem to use that type email.
    If I were to query all of the "free" email accounts such as gmail, yahoo, aol, etc, it would account for upwards of 80% of the accounts here on MGO's forums.
    While what you are saying is true, it is likely true because the free email accounts, especially gmail, as extremely popular with people in general.
    Don't let yesterday use up too much of today - Will Rogers
    DISCLAIMER: The opinions expressed in my posts are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions, views, or official policies of Michigan Gun Owners.

Quote Originally Posted by PhotoTom View Post
    If I were to query all of the "free" email accounts such as gmail, yahoo, aol, etc, it would account for upwards of 80% of the accounts here on MGO's forums.
    While what you are saying is true, it is likely true because the free email accounts, especially gmail, as extremely popular with people in general.
    Ok that makes since, when I'd get those I'll pay you fifty more dollars by check if you send to my FFL right away messages they were all gmail.

MGO Member
    I also got 2 of the same emails for a shield I have for sale...email was markrod43... a gmail account..33063 zip.. it came in spam email..

Banned
    You just have to be careful. I would agree this type of response is generally a scam. I however recently shipped a bps trap shotgun I had listed there to Oregon. I spoke to the buyer on the phone first. Seemed 100% legit and them we just kind of had each of our FFL's communicate with each other. Went without a hitch and was a good sale.
    I guess is your gun a super common one? Is it ridiculously low priced? If it is a model that can be found anywhere and your price is market value it's probably not legit.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

I am a Forum User
    As long as theyre willing to send a money order in advance, you're in the clear. Once you have their cash in hand, they cant really do much to scam you.

Quote Originally Posted by Fishman95 View Post
    As long as theyre willing to send a money order in advance, you're in the clear. Once you have their cash in hand, they cant really do much to scam you.
    Who says that MO is real?

Quote Originally Posted by UpNorthWOLF View Post
    A postal money order and cashier's check are generally pretty hard to forge since they're both tracked. Whenever I have a customer who sends a cashier's check, I independently verify it by calling the issuing bank and providing the check info to verify it's legitimate. That being said, in my experience anyone from out of state on Armslist that has messaged me has turned out to be an obvious fake/scam.

why not put it on gunbroker ?

I have sold cars on craigslist, certain weird words and phrases you can tell its a foreign scam, others are weird like a guy from houstan or atlanta wants to buy your rusty michigan crap bucket for 3 grand. Ohh and pay to ship it.

I agree with the colt 70 series stuff statement.

Any commmon gun you just buy local.

I am a Forum User
    Once I take it to a bank and they hand me cash, I frankly dont care if it was fake. People arent forging money orders...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast