Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

Firearms Legal Protection

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    I am a Forum User

Sights for Appleseed

I just signed up for my first Appleseed and I'm halfway through building my rifle. I put a stock on and had an excellent trigger job done and have a pull-type extended magazine release and the bolt release mod done. What's left is a sling and sights.

For the sling, I plan to just buy the ubiquitous 2-point 1-1/4" cotton USGI sling and put sling studs on the bottom of my stock and call it good.

I'm torn on sights. I was originally going to go with Tech Sights and was trying to figure out if I wanted the TRS-100 or TRS-200, but then I discovered the NoDak Spud sights.

Does anybody have any experience with the NDS-13 and NDS-40 from NoDak Spud? They look "tougher" than the Tech Sights and I like that and they also look like they're taller front and back which might make it easier to get a sight picture comfortably. The only downside looks like it's the cost but if they're worth the premium over the Tech Sights then I'll go with it.

Opinions? I need to get something ordered ASAP because the clock is ticking before I have to use this thing and I want to get a couple range days in to get comfortable with it before the event.

Quote Originally Posted by Parkanzky View Post
    I just signed up for my first Appleseed and I'm halfway through building my rifle. I put a stock on and had an excellent trigger job done and have a pull-type extended magazine release and the bolt release mod done. What's left is a sling and sights.

For the sling, I plan to just buy the ubiquitous 2-point 1-1/4" cotton USGI sling and put sling studs on the bottom of my stock and call it good.

I'm torn on sights. I was originally going to go with Tech Sights and was trying to figure out if I wanted the TRS-100 or TRS-200, but then I discovered the NoDak Spud sights.

Does anybody have any experience with the NDS-13 and NDS-40 from NoDak Spud? They look "tougher" than the Tech Sights and I like that and they also look like they're taller front and back which might make it easier to get a sight picture comfortably. The only downside looks like it's the cost but if they're worth the premium over the Tech Sights then I'll go with it.

Opinions? I need to get something ordered ASAP because the clock is ticking before I have to use this thing and I want to get a couple range days in to get comfortable with it before the event.
    whatr rifle, Im guessing 10/22 since you said nodak spud.

If you buy the steel tech sights thats all you need, very tough, never head of them breaking. Its a non issue in my opinion.

is this what you are shopping ? https://www.brownells.com/rifle-part...prod56476.aspx

tech is front and rear sights, https://www.tech-sights.com/ruger-products/

I am a Forum User
    Yes a basic 10/22 with a Magpul Hunter stock.

Those are the Tech Sights I'm looking at but the NoDak I am interested in is the NDS-13 on this page:

https://www.nodakspud.com/NDS-22.htm

I like it without the rail (simpler and I will never mount an optic on this rifle).

I think the NoDak sits higher but I am not certain about that.

Quote Originally Posted by Parkanzky View Post
    Yes a basic 10/22 with a Magpul Hunter stock.

Those are the Tech Sights I'm looking at but the NoDak I am interested in is the NDS-13 on this page:

https://www.nodakspud.com/NDS-22.htm

I like it without the rail (simpler and I will never mount an optic on this rifle).

I think the NoDak sits higher but I am not certain about that.
    are you factoring the nodak front sight in your price comparison ?

I am a Forum User
    Yes. The NoDak setup is a touch over $100 shipped. The Tech Sights are $70-80. I don't mind paying more if they're worth it.

have no experience with no dak, the rear sight is not height adjustable on nodak like the Model TSR200.

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by dirtmcgirt76239 View Post
    have no experience with no dak, the rear sight is not height adjustable on nodak like the Model TSR200.
    No but the front post supposedly has a ridiculously large range of adjustment.

will you be shooting more than 100 yards?

Do you have perfect vision or better?

Match ammo ?

I think impact betweeen the two will be minimal honestly, I like both companies.

I would remove peceived durability from your critieria, its not really a thing in range or even hunting 22s. The tech sights are well regarded its not a corner cut product that is not to shear and break off etc.

Never broke anything on any of my 22s.

I am a Forum User
    It's going to an Appleseed event and then into the back of my safe, likely either never shot again or pulled out to do another Appleseed if I want to take a friend or challenge myself to a better score or something. The super-nice trigger group will get moved into my play 10/22.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast