Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

Firearms Legal Protection

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    If you are patient and give this a little time someone with real Appleseed experience will probably weigh in.

There are at least 4-5 "red hat" instructors registered here with hundreds of events under their belt.

Alternately, go to the Appleseed web site and ask.

Quote Originally Posted by tenthumbs View Post
    If you are patient and give this a little time someone with real Appleseed experience will probably weigh in.

There are at least 4-5 "red hat" instructors registered here with hundreds of events under their belt.

Alternately, go to the Appleseed web site and ask.
    I thought appleseed recomended tech sights, and tech sights used too be a sonsor of the event as well.

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by dirtmcgirt76239 View Post
    I thought appleseed recomended tech sights, and tech sights used too be a sonsor of the event as well.
    They sell the Tech Sights on the Appleseed site.

I thought so. The other suggestion about the appleseed volunteers here, start another thread in other section about what you should get in general, and not just specific to optics, get some input then order. I dont think you can go wrong, i just like the features on Tech sights better, fan of nodak products in general, if tech did not exist I would have no problem buying a nodak set.

Also dont be in such a hurry to toss it in the back of the closest, 22s can be a lot of fun, I like shooting it as much as my Fal or AK I would never sell them or trade any of my 4 marlins, looking to add a .17 hmr to the mix as well.

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by dirtmcgirt76239 View Post
    I thought so. The other suggestion about the appleseed volunteers here, start another thread in other section about what you should get in general, and not just specific to optics, get some input then order. I dont think you can go wrong, i just like the features on Tech sights better, fan of nodak products in general, if tech did not exist I would have no problem buying a nodak set.

Also dont be in such a hurry to toss it in the back of the closest, 22s can be a lot of fun, I like shooting it as much as my Fal or AK I would never sell them or trade any of my 4 marlins, looking to add a .17 hmr to the mix as well.
    I have lots of .22's and other 10/22's. This one is just getting built for Appleseed and won't be as fun or my cup of tea as others.

Quote Originally Posted by Parkanzky View Post
    I have lots of .22's and other 10/22's. This one is just getting built for Appleseed and won't be as fun or my cup of tea as others.
    ohh ok. Good. I think you will be fine. Report back how it goes, I kinda wanna do appleseed with my niece who is 12 almost 13, she is into bb guns, hunting birds, etc.

MGO Member
    IMO as a former Appleseed instructor, either the Tech Sights or No-dak sights would work.

The advantage of the TSR200s is you get both windage and elevation on the rear sight.

The advantage of the No-dak sights is it has more adjustment points for windage.
    No man made law physically prevents one from doing anything they have a mind to.

The tech sights guy grew up down the road from me. I got to speak with the owner several years ago. My dad wished for years that he could put M1 sights on his 10/22. Tech sights filled the bill and speaking with the owner was a pleasure. I don't know how they'd work for Appleseed but it was probably the coolest thing I ever gave my dad.

I am a Forum User
    I think you've all talked me into Tech Sights. Are the TRS-100 or -200 better for Appleseed? I see talk of the 200 being better for longer range but Appleseed is all done at fairly close, right?

MGO Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Parkanzky View Post
    I think you've all talked me into Tech Sights. Are the TRS-100 or -200 better for Appleseed? I see talk of the 200 being better for longer range but Appleseed is all done at fairly close, right?
    I have both but the 200s are easier to adjust because of windage and elevation. The 100s just have windage. Having said that...once zero'd in at 25 yards you shouldn't have to touch them again.
    No man made law physically prevents one from doing anything they have a mind to.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast